Gold Canyon Christmas Present

chuck_35550

I have a customer who wants something similar to this fragrance. Does anybody have an idea as to what might smell like this: "The nostalgic Christmas aromas of apples and oranges, accented by clove, nutmeg and ginger. Embellishes your favorite Christmas memories". I've never smelled this fragrance, so I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Steve

I searched a couple of candle boards (this one included) and here's what I've found about twins for Gold Canyon scents ...

(NG) Chrismas Cabin = Christmas Presence (GC)

(NG) Country Christmas = Cozy Christmas (GC)

(NG) Kama Sutra line of Satin Sheets = Cozy Cabin (GC)

(TCS) Christmas Splendor = Cozy Christmas (GC)

(Peaks) Sugar Cookie = Sugar Cookie (GC)

(CC) Pillow Fight = Clean Sheets (GC)

(MMS) Relaxation = Relaxation (GC)

(MMS) Pumpkin Pie = Pumpkin Pie (GC)

(MMS) Sensual = Sensual (GC)

(MMS) Romance = Romantic (GC)

(Alabaster) Mulled Cider = Mulled Cider (GC)

The only one I can attest to is Alabaster's Mulled Cider; I use it myself. Hoping others have some information about GC dups and can add to the list.

Edited by Candlebuddy

The closest I have come up with it is Taylored Concepts Christmas Carol Punch Apple, Cinnamon, Orange & Clove Mixture

Might also want to check out Holliday Wassail from Bittercreek South

Holiday Wassail

A festive holiday punch made by simmering apple cider, orange juice, pineapple juice, and lemon slices with cloves, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg, then warmed with a hint of brandy! An old fashioned favorite served hot on a cold day! Tested in soy @ 1oz with great throw!

Barbara AL

Edited by Barbara AL

Wow, you are real peaches! Thanks a million to both of you! I've used Christmas Cabin a ton and love/hate it (lol). I kinda looked at the Wassail Babs and overlooked the punch. Oh Christmas is so much fun and so much work. Two more cases and I have my Christmas Farm order done and then its on to the next order. I'm being told that the perfumers are way behind due to a late start on the season.

Thanks,

Steve

I just had my little Gold Canyon sample pots out last night comparing scents (I used to sell GC). In my opinion, Alabaster's Dickens Christmas is very similar to Gold Canyon's Cozy Christmas.

Also, I just poured MMS Gingerbread & Spice and it is a match to Gold Canyon's Gingerbread House. I am so glad I found that one as I have been searching for quite awhile now. I did a search on this board last week for Gold Canyon twins and found some posts from 2006 that indicated MMS carried a few of the Gold Canyon scents. So I went on a hunch and ordered the gingerbread & spice from MMS (hoping it would also be one that GC carries) and it sure smells the same to me. Yippee!!!!

Yes Candybee. No go on this fo. That's interesting to know that Alabaster has a couple, cause they are in my backyard. If they have anything in stock will be the question. Nope. Just looked and Alabaster is out of stock on both fos. I guess its off to NG land and then may have to look into that Wassail. Thanks a bunch.

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

Dickens Christmas from Alabaster has been my best seller at this time of year for 4-5 years. Last year I had it ordered for over a month and finally had to search out someone else--turns out Lonestar's Dickens Christmas smells the same. Alabaster's service has really gone downhill in the past year or two--they were my main supplier for many years, but I'm in the process of looking for replacements because they've become pretty unreliable lately.

Me, too!! I'm about a 3.5 hours drive away, but it's still worth the drive to save shipping--I would buy a truckload of glassware and wax and take a vacation day; could save around $400-500 in shipping for the price of a tank of gas. But I've had such a hard time catching them when wax was actually in stock lately that I've almost given up. And I had two times that I drove down there to pick up the wax I had ordered--and received confirmation that it was in stock--only to find when I got there that they had accidentally sold "my" wax.

They did do the right thing and shipped it to me when they got it back in stock, but it was almost a month the last time.

I don't know if there's a correlation, but it seemed to really go downhill about the time Mike left. I'd love to see them get back going again but have my doubts.

Jane