Sandalwood...

xanadu

Ditto on the Moonworks patchouli, it is real stuff.

I haven't found a good sandalwood since Tradwinds, but I am looking.

What about Candle Science, anyone try their sandalwood??

A good earthy fragrance I like is Candle Cocoons' Rare Earth, try it!!

What notes is in the earthy one? Is the patchouli one medicinal?

It isn't medicinal at all, but I don't know that she has the patch in stock either. If Tri-State is carrying it, look there for a replacement. Nothing is going to match the EO really, but those are pretty good patch scents.

As for the sandalwood, I want one that matches what Southern Soaper's called Red Santal I believe it was.

Edited by Scented

I have some Bert's Sandalwood and Royal Aromatics Arabian Sandalwood.

The Bert's is strong as always. OOB it has a bit of an earthy smell (musky) and I like it. CT after curing is about the same. It has the viscosity of any oil, runny.

The RA Arabian Sandalwood is thick and I thought was starting to go bad. The seller said it came that way. OOB it is more musky.

I don't want to say notes of pine in the Bert's but then again maybe I do. Not so in the Arabian.

I have not burned either for HT yet.

Oregon Trails has a Mysore Sandalwood that smells just like the earthy, woody sandalwood oil I used to buy in the late 70's. Awesome stuff. Does NOT throw well in Starburst Palm wax but has a decent throw in straight 4794. (OT sells mostly on FO's for soap....but I like to experiement ;-)

Another good sandalwood, (not quite as "earthy" as OT's) is the Sandalwood at Wellington. Strong thrower in paraffin tarts. (I have not yet tested these two sandalwoods in a soy blend or straight soy).

HTH