Glad I sold my upland

Landa

I went and bought one of those drawers from Target. Used it the other day with a garbage bag and evreything was perfect and I only paid $9. Plus, the bars are huge!:yay: I dont know whose idea that was but thank you! So much cheaper.

ohhh, I luv my Upland. I bought my first one here in the classifieds. Then I purchased the Upland slab mold. I have a couple of those Target molds but hate lining them. I could make two extra batches of soap in the time it takes me to line a mold.

I just ordered the Bramble Berry birch wood slab mold. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but that darn FedEx guy didn't make it. :cry2:

BTW, I have three of those Target molds and would be happy to give them to someone for the cost of shipping. Just shoot me a PM. I think I'll put them up in the classfied section too.

ohhh, I luv my Upland. I bought my first one here in the classifieds. Then I purchased the Upland slab mold. I have a couple of those Target molds but hate lining them. I could make two extra batches of soap in the time it takes me to line a mold.

I just ordered the Bramble Berry birch wood slab mold. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but that darn FedEx guy didn't make it. :cry2:

BTW, I have three of those Target molds and would be happy to give them to someone for the cost of shipping. Just shoot me a PM. I think I'll put them up in the classfied section too.

Oh that Bramble Berry mold has been calling me... BUY ME BUY ME>> LOL!!

Those target molds actually work well if you make Mylar liners for them. My dear Kimberly made me a liner and its fabulous!!

Oh that Bramble Berry mold has been calling me... BUY ME BUY ME>> LOL!!

Those target molds actually work well if you make Mylar liners for them. My dear Kimberly made me a liner and its fabulous!!

Yep..gotta love the mylar liners...use, rinse, reuse. LOVE IT! All you guys should try it. Very simple to make. I think it took me all of about 5min to make one for mystical's Target Mold.

Is mylar like silcone? I think it would be cool to line the mold! I used the target bag it must have had some holes, it leaked!

I used my target mold lastnight. I didn't fill it up all the way but I thought the bars were small! I am going to have to fill it all the way and see if the bars are to my liking!

Mylar is a clear plastic sheet that is commonly used for things like book report covers. You can find it at Staples, Office Max and places like that. It should be in the paper section of these stores. Its the same size as a regular sheet of paper, but its clear plastic. The same substance that those clear votive boxes are made of- acetate.

To line my molds I usually use Transparencies....like for overhead projectors. If you have a bigger mold you can look for Quilting Mylar. It is sold in big sheets...will cost you about $11 or so but it is so worth it because all you have to do is rinse it off and it is ready to use for the next batch!

The soap will not leak- the mold supports the sides. Its almost like you could take the mylar out and still have the shape of the log. Kim made mine really tight, so when you slide the two pieces of mylar for the end cuts its a complete log form made of mylar. The viscosity of the soap will keep it inside the mold.

Maybe Kim could post a pic, since my camera charger is MIA!!

I'm totally waiting in anticipation. I want to see how this works too. I would ditch freezer paper in a heart beat if I could find an easier way. I need to make soap this weekend and I would love to use this.

Are the parts separate or do you fix them together somehow?