J223? Is it going out?

Ok, My friend got an email today from a supplier.

She asked if they sell J223...

This supplier said this:

J300 is all we have left - Honeywell was purchased by IGI Wax & they don't make the J50 or J223 any more (sorry).

Is this true? Is J223 not going to be made anymore?

Man I hope that supplier is full of it.

Or did I miss somehthing here?

I get mine off of candlewic and candlewic still has it.

E-mail (don't call) candlewic and one of the owners will give you the scoop. After the tsunamis I was concerned about not being able to get the palm waxes so I sent off an e-mail and within 2 hrs. I received a reply and had been assured that their supply was not affected and it wasn't.

Lonestar Candle Supply carries the J223 wax (they are in Texas, so the shipping would be cheaper for you Chickie1st). I checked their site and this is what was posted regarding the IGI/Honeywell waxes. This looks like it explains what you are experiencing.

Temporarily, several waxes are out of stock.

We apologize for the 'Out of Stock' status of several of our most popular waxes. Paraffin wax is a petroleum derivative and due to the recent volatility in the energy market, our manufacturers have been experiencing major shortages of raw materials that are ingredients in several of the waxes that we carry. As a result, they have been unable to deliver complete and timely orders to us. This has been an issue for all distributors of IGI and Honeywell (Astorlite) products, not just us. We have always been dedicated to maintaining a high inventory level of all of our products, but these recent supply problems are something we have no control over. We will try to estimate the 'Back in Stock' dates as well as we can, but keep in mind that these are estimates which rely solely on the information we are given by the manufacturer. The International Group (IGI), and International Waxes, (who now produces the Astorlite waxes formerly made by Honeywell) have assured us that they are getting a better handle on the problem and this should not be an issue next year. Be assured that we are well aware of the trouble and chaos that this causes you, our valued customer, and we appreciate your understanding and patience.

Not true, they are still mfg it, some suppliers just choose not to carry it when they sold to IGI. I do know that some of that wax came from the coast in Texas so maybe they was some problems due to the hurricanes and damage...

Do they have a facility in Texas on the coast?