What's selling in perfume dupes?

Sharon in KY

Love Spell from CS is a big hit for me. I started selling it this year and lots of good feedback and sales from customers in my area.

Been selling Love Spell for at least 8 years, was a really big seller but has really drop the last couple of years. Also Abercrombie & Fitch, Amber Romance, Be Delicious, CK1 CK Summer, Cool Waters, Drakkar, Jessica McCintock, Happy, Pink Sugar, Romance,Very Sexy and several other that I have disc. Need something new.

Been selling Love Spell for at least 8 years, was a really big seller but has really drop the last couple of years. Also Abercrombie & Fitch, Amber Romance, Be Delicious, CK1 CK Summer, Cool Waters, Drakkar, Jessica McCintock, Happy, Pink Sugar, Romance,Very Sexy and several other that I have disc. Need something new.

Types used to be my mainstay. I would sell 20 types to 1 of most other scents, and 40 types to 1 foodie scent.

Things have turned completely upside down for me within the last couple of years. These days I feel like I can't give types away. People are gravitating to earthy (patchouli, dragon's blood, etc) and, much to my everlasting dismay, food/bakery, which I despise.

The only thing I can figure out is when the economy is in the crapper, people want more homey scents. Even though my types are priced the same as all other scents, people seem to have an inner voice telling them designer scents are too luxurious to be splurging on.

That's the only thing I can figure out.

Types used to be my mainstay. I would sell 20 types to 1 of most other scents, and 40 types to 1 foodie scent.

Things have turned completely upside down for me within the last couple of years. These days I feel like I can't give types away. People are gravitating to earthy (patchouli, dragon's blood, etc) and, much to my everlasting dismay, food/bakery, which I despise.

The only thing I can figure out is when the economy is in the crapper, people want more homey scents. Even though my types are priced the same as all other scents, people seem to have an inner voice telling them designer scents are too luxurious to be splurging on.

That's the only thing I can figure out.

Maybe that's it cause it started a couple of years ago. I hate the perfume scents and sell lots of food bakery. Just looking for some ideals. Every year they ask for NEW, I have had just about every scent out there and have sold them at one time or another. I don't like earthy scents either so I guess I'm in trouble.

You can probably do without the earthy scents. I love them so I push them onto people. Especially those who don't really have any particular favorite kind of scent.

If earthy scents go into the dumpster like types have done, I'll be heartbroken. I can't see me making Birthday Cake type scents the rest of my life.

:laugh2:

Alot of people (myself included) seem to like the "clean" non perfumy scented perfumes. My favorite, and a few people I know love the Philosophy dupes. Amazing Grace, and Pure Grace. Both are nice, clean perfumes.

I bought Destiny, pure Grace and Pheromone from QVC or HSN one night. I hate them all.

oh my goodness really? I ADORE Pure Grace and Amazing Grace. I wish I could find a dupe of the Pure Grace... I think the scent works has it but wow it's pricey.. SOS has it too but i'm kind of leary of them. I have the Amazing Grace and I horde it for myself. LOL My fiance hates that smell too so I can't wear it around him. I guess I need to find a new "signature scent" that he can like haha

Scent works has a dupe for Pure Grace! They call it Pureed Grapes. Never would have made the connection but it is a great dupe! I sell a lot of it

Suzie

They're sooo spendy, but if that's the best place to get it, I might have to break down and order it. I think Daystar sells a dupe of it too, but haven't heard too much about it.

Thanks Suzie!!

They're sooo spendy, but if that's the best place to get it, I might have to break down and order it. I think Daystar sells a dupe of it too, but haven't heard too much about it.

Thanks Suzie!!

I have DS Innocent Grace (aka Pure Grace), it's nice, smell's like the original. I have only soaped it so far, I love it. But those scents are a simple clean not meant to strong.

• 3 months later...

Maybe not the best place to ask this but

are all Pink Sugar dupes about the same? I've been using JBN's but it's the only scent I use from there and seems a waste of postage.

I still sell a whole lot of this scent...haven't noticed any phasing out yet here.

I saw Twilight Woods at Bath & Body Works. I fell in love with it, and my daughter said it is her best friend's favorite. They are 13, so it may be a good one for teenagers. I have a sample from NG, but not sure how close it is to the original.

They're only wanting it because it has the word "Twilight" in the name.

Amazing Grace has always sold for me with every age group. Although I haven't been trying to market or sell for several months, I still put lotion in the restrooms at the Elks and VFW. I put Amber Romance in the day of the Veteran's Day dinner and got several orders for it tht same night.