Cheap, good molds?

tracey11474

I just use the inexpensive plastic ones. I have had to replace a couple of my heavier used ones after 3 years. For loaf molds I just use the plastic drawer dividers from Dollar Tree. I figured I would start with the inexpensive ones & upgrade as I could afford but they are holding up better than expected.

I have gotten the shaped molds at teh local craft store, on ebay, on the classifieds and from my regular candle & soap suppliers, depending on the shape I was looking for and how inexpensively I could find it. I would just look around and see what molds you really want and where you can get them least expensively or post on the classifieds as "in search of" maybe someone has them and isn't using them anymore.

Edited by mparadise

I ended up ordering a wilton cupcake silicone mold from amazon fpr $9.99 as I needed some new pyrex measuring cups and they and the molds are part of the buy 3 get the 4th free promotion on Amazon. Ordered my duckies from wsp to put in/on the soaps!

Can't wait to make them!

• 2 weeks later...

If it's a mold I'll use often I get silicone. I always have a hard time getting the soap out of the plastic molds. Last year I bought Wilton cupcake molds at less than half price after Halloween & Christmas. They work well for me. I've bought some silicone soap molds for my m&p on ebay at good prices too. Today I embedded some Silly Bands in the heavy duty plastic molds. The soap stuck even after I put it in the freezer. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds & was able to unmold it. The kiddos at school will love the Silly Band soap!