Milk Bath

wildangel112

Can't recall who posted this one ( :o forgot to write it on recipe), but it's awesome. I'm totally addicted to it. **

Milk Bath

1 cup dry milk powder

1 cup baking soda

2 tbsp. corn starch

10-25 drops fo

Put it all in a ziplock and shake, shake, shake.

Use 2-3 tbsp. per warm bath.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

After the great pics Rachel posted of her new milk bath packaging, I started thinking that maybe this is something I could make without a big messy screwup! At least I can get these items locally (and inexpensive). Don't have these things on hand tonight or I would give it a whirl.

Questions: How do those of you that use this recipe like it? I don't want to make the trip into town without a complete list. I also saw a couple of other recipes, so I need a complete shopping list.

Would this be appropriate to package in the bottles being offered in the coop that is being considered?

I need something inexpensive but good for tons of secret pal gifts!

Thank you for any advice!

I don't make a lot of this milk bath, but when I do, I package it in a polypro ziploc bag that will hold 8 ounces. I punch a hole in the top of the bag and attach a wooden scoop to it using colored curling ribbon. Slap a label on the bag and voila!

This recipe is a great one and so simple. Have fun!!!

You can also add a bit of cocoa powder to it..and scent it chocolate.:wink2:

I made some strawberry last night and yum I wanted to mix it in some water or milk and drink it.

Those milk bottles are great..I think later I am going to switch over to those..once I see how things in my booth at the Market go.

I love this recipe..my skin is soooo soft when I get out of the water.

Rachel, I think your new packaging you just did for your milk bath is just great! I don't know that I would switch to the jugs from what you came up with. Might be a bit less time consuming, though.

I've seen 2 versions of this--the other has epsom salts. Which do you prefer? I talked to a friend that is dying for me to mix some of this up for her! She says she is getting spoiled with all the mp soap and fbb I've been giving her to try.

Since I also sell bath salts it does not make sense for me to add them to my milk bath..I wanted to totally separate products..that do to totally different things.

But if you want to just sell one product..yeah I say try the salts in there..just adds more benefits to what you are soaking in.:wink2:

Actually I have straight bath salts and my milk baths have dead sea salts in with the powdered goat's milk & coconut milk and both sell great. :D So go ahead and add the epsom salts, your customers will love them!!

You can also add a bit of cocoa powder to it..and scent it chocolate.:wink2:

I made some strawberry last night and yum I wanted to mix it in some water or milk and drink it.

Those milk bottles are great..I think later I am going to switch over to those..once I see how things in my booth at the Market go.

I love this recipe..my skin is soooo soft when I get out of the water.

Can this mixture be colored? I just made a bag of this recipe scented with Strawberries and Champagne from SOS. It smells great! But I have tried to color it red. I first tried food coloring with no result. So I tried a red soap color and nothing again.

I just saw this recipe a few days ago elsewhere on the net and wanted to try it! Glad to know that others here on the CT board have and love it!! Add this to my list of things to make!

God Bless,

Lynn

THE SAME RECIPE??????? Ummm..that is my recipe I played around with early last year..where is it at? :confused:

Interesting!

As for coloring ...I tried to color it before and it did not come out well..the only thing I was able to color was the chocolate with some cocoa powder.

Thanks for confirming that for me, Rachel. Naturally, I was inclined to use no coloring and leave it like milk. However, when you mentioned the cocoa and chocolate scent, I thought about coloring for strawberries. I had a bottle of the strawberries and champagne on the counter, so used that for my first batch. The food coloring and soap coloring just made a couple of clumps. No big deal--I'll just keep that bag for myself! Thanks for posting this recipe! Finally found something easy for me that I didn't have to order ingredients.

If you do a search on the net, you will find alot of recipes using these ingredients, and some also with added salts to them. There are lots of recipes out there for Milk Bath and Milk Bath Salts.

Yep there are alot..I was just wondering if it was the exact recipe..it can be altered to preference but you know I guess it would not matter anyway..there are such few ingredients and in almost equal parts that it would be easy to duplicate on a whim. ..I could see if it was a soap recipe or a very involved lotion recipe..but hey glad you are all enjoying it..I enjoy making it alot and using it.

I think I might play around more with the milk salts..I have done up a few batches in the past with herbs in them..but you know those are pain to get out of the tub..need something added for a new twist..maybe milk/salts and citric acid so they fizz ...hmmm...got my mind a rolling now.:wink2:

I actually just got confirmation from a website called Better Budgeting..that is publishing my recipe for there frugal craft section..and they are paying me to publish it...it is only like $20 but hey that is 10# of citric acid or a bottle of Fo..:D

Hey what about powdered bath & body dyes..I have not tried those..as I prefer the liquids..but those of you that are more familiar with them..do you think those would work to color them?

Thanks for confirming that for me, Rachel. Naturally, I was inclined to use no coloring and leave it like milk. However, when you mentioned the cocoa and chocolate scent, I thought about coloring for strawberries. I had a bottle of the strawberries and champagne on the counter, so used that for my first batch. The food coloring and soap coloring just made a couple of clumps. No big deal--I'll just keep that bag for myself! Thanks for posting this recipe! Finally found something easy for me that I didn't have to order ingredients.

If you wanted to add salts to them..you could probably color the salts a dark color and then add them to the milk bath..that might work. :wink2:

Thanks for that suggestion, Rachel. I think I'm just gonna stick with the natural white. I got in on the milk bottle coop, but I've been trying to find somewhere to get a few before then so I can make up some secret sister and secret pal things that I need right away. So far, I have done a lot of searches, but I haven't found a place where I can buy just a few without paying over double in added fees for small orders, energy surcharges, and shipping.

Congratulations on being asked to formally publish your recipe. It's a winner and so simple, yet wonderful!

Rachel,

I find myself without an eyedropper. Approx. how much is 15-20 drops?

Chris

hmmmm...don't know..I use the pipettes and I uped it to 1.5ML(I think 45 drops equals 1ML) per batch(for some lighter scents)..so if you have something with ML's on it..

You gotta get yourself some droppers.:wink2: I could not live without mine.

Ohmigoodness,

You are a genius!!! I do have the pipettes. Why I didn't consider those drop makers is beyond me. Hmmm, can we say collectively, senior blonde moment.:undecided :laugh2: :undecided :embarasse

Chris

hmmmm...don't know..I use the pipettes and I uped it to 1.5ML(I think 45 drops equals 1ML) per batch(for some lighter scents)..so if you have something with ML's on it..

You gotta get yourself some droppers.:wink2: I could not live without mine.