Cleaning Up

I feel kind of stupid asking about this but I'm new, have seen stupider questions, so will just ask! Do you have any tips for cleaning up pour pots when using paraffin? I have only used soy, and cleanup was so simple and easy, just wash it out with soap and water. Is it a lot messier or difficult to clean things up when using wax that's not water soluble like soy is? Thanks.

have seen stupider questions

Gee, I hope you aren't referring to any of mine:p

I tend to heat up and wipe out. The other option is to use some citrus-based wax remover. Or, I combine these steps together to make it REALLY clean.

Soy or paraffin I put my metal pour pots upside down on a foil lined cookie sheet in the oven on warm and wipe them out with paper towels. I never use soap and water on any of my pour pots, but that's just me!! :cool2:

This is what I do too. There isn't any need to use soap and water to clean up. Just heat and a lot of papertowels will do the trick. I never use water to wash anything. I also generally wipe them out as soon as I finish pouring. They are still hot enough and then I can immediately start my next batch.

Guest EMercier

I second the paper towels! I go through lots. I just drop them on the floor (where I have plastic) after I wipe them when I'm done pouring a certain scent. I periodically go through and put them in the trash, so that I don't have a lot to clean up later and so I don't trip. I'm very clumsy at times.