Candle Gift Crates

OK, was just wondering about Sugar Creek Crates. After I saw the post, I checked out their site and couldn't believe how cheap they are. So, I placed an order. That was last week. So I'm waiting for them to get back with me on shipping charges and payment (as that is what their site said they would do). Does anyone know if this company is legit? If they aren't, it seems kinda odd they would still have a website for which they are paying for a domain name and hosting, if they aren't going to actually follow through on orders. Maybe I just need to be a little more patient. Maybe I'm used to excellent service from our candle suppliers and think everybody is that way. Besides, maybe they have to make them special order the way we do some of our orders. :confused: But...any insight anyone?

OK, was just wondering about Sugar Creek Crates. After I saw the post, I checked out their site and couldn't believe how cheap they are. So, I placed an order. That was last week. So I'm waiting for them to get back with me on shipping charges and payment (as that is what their site said they would do). Does anyone know if this company is legit? If they aren't, it seems kinda odd they would still have a website for which they are paying for a domain name and hosting, if they aren't going to actually follow through on orders. Maybe I just need to be a little more patient. Maybe I'm used to excellent service from our candle suppliers and think everybody is that way. Besides, maybe they have to make them special order the way we do some of our orders. :confused: But...any insight anyone?

:sad2:I got the same type of email when I ordered last week. I even sent a reply, with a change in size. I still have heard nothing. Will you let me know if you hear anything? TIA

Thanks to all that replied to this post. Odd that they are still an active email reply addy. Thought Yahoo would boot you after so long...:sad2:just goes to show, when it's too good to be true, it quacks like a duck! hehehe

Not too good to be true, just no longer selling crates. I alerted them today and found they are working on a new site that will replace the crate site and never dreamed anyone would still be trying to order after all these years. They are clearing the pages to prevent further confusion.

Too bad; the Sugar Creek crates are (were) an amazing value and top notch quality, too. I thought she wasn't doing them anymore; then, when the link was given, thought maybe she had picked it back up. I still have several dozen that I ordered years ago; use a few here and there for donation raffles for the fire department, etc. Always a big hit.

Too bad; the Sugar Creek crates are (were) an amazing value and top notch quality, too. I thought she wasn't doing them anymore; then, when the link was given, thought maybe she had picked it back up. I still have several dozen that I ordered years ago; use a few here and there for donation raffles for the fire department, etc. Always a big hit.

Thank you Carol!

I thought I'd better come apologize. It seems our front page got reopened recently by mistake and we found the back pages had never been closed. A few links of those were still floating around and then shared on several different sites. I think we have them all closed now.

I'd love to still be offering the crates. DH and our son milled all the wood themselves keeping the cost down. Several factors contributed to closing the crate business including timber being much harder to find and more expensive along with my own candle and soap business becoming more demanding. Increased shipping was probably the biggest factor. They were very bulky to ship and shipping usually amounted to more than the cost of the crates.

Believe it or not, I don't have a single crate or display left myself. If DH ever retires, we may start back up but no time soon.

Thank you to everyone who bought from us and once again I apologize. My yahoo email addy is still in use and I've replied to any inquiries I've gotten but I haven't accessed the web site addy in years. Connie I'm sorry you didn't get my reply but congrats on doing it yourself...always a great feeling!

There are many good crates manufacturers out there and another right here in my own state and she may be a member here. If I can find her addy I'll come back and post it.