Best Pink Colorant for wax tarts?

RetroMetroChic

I used blocks or chips don't like liquids to messy..

Anyway I've tried pink blocks and I have to use a ton to get pink

I usually resort to a tiny bit of red, but sometimes I use to much

and it goes red :(

Anyone have any recs where I can find a good strong pink bock or dye chips? Or do I need liquid to get a good pink

Thanks for any help with this

I agree that liquid dyes are messy. That is the thing I hate about them. However, I LOVE how you can manipulate them to get the color you want. I use a toothpick if I want less color than a drop from the dropper.

For pink, I use red dye and depending on how pink I want it, 2 or less drops per lb. You may be able to get away with more drops per lb before turning red, but I have not tried yet.

Sorry that I can't help with the dye chips part.

I agree that liquid dyes are messy. That is the thing I hate about them. However, I LOVE how you can manipulate them to get the color you want. I use a toothpick if I want less color than a drop from the dropper.

For pink, I use red dye and depending on how pink I want it, 2 or less drops per lb. You may be able to get away with more drops per lb before turning red, but I have not tried yet.

Sorry that I can't help with the dye chips part.

Agree with RebeccaJo on this; liquid is so much easier to control. I have red dye, but to attain a true pink I use liquid Magenta. It is my favorite dye; mixed with a little blue gives gorgeous purples, also. HTH

Agree with RebeccaJo on this; liquid is so much easier to control. I have red dye, but to attain a true pink I use liquid Magenta. It is my favorite dye; mixed with a little blue gives gorgeous purples, also. HTH

They are messy but a good pink can be found with Magenta or Perky pink. In the old days you could buy any color block but I only see limited colors these days. Evo's pink is very bright, AH/RE has some nice pink magenta and perky, note perky is clear when hot and very bright when cool. So don't put too much. I may have some pink color block I can send. I'll look. I do have a pink, part of a magenta and a few fuchsia chips. You can have them, send me your address. Just remember you won't be able to find these again. Although they should last very long.

Crap I just realized who this was... I am going to see if I can catch the mailman and add these to your order.

Edited by Sharon in KY

hmmm... maybe I need to invest in some Magenta dye. :) I have always been able to achieve the pink I have been lookign for with red so far, however, I have only experimented a few times since I don't have a lot of scented tested yet for my tarts. I will have to remember that if I just cannot get the pink that I want.

To keep cost down to start, I only have red, yellow, blue and brown dyes and do mixing to get greens, oranges, and purples.

Because my business name is sweet*cheeks*pink* parlor I use a ton of pink. I prefer dye blocks to liquid colorants for my wax...I make a lot of baby pink to medium pink candles and one slip of liquid and I end up with hot pink. I bought 10 pink dye blocks from someone here but they came in one zip lock bag with no company name on them, just color by shaving a bit at the time, mixing the wax and and I test by pouring a small amount of melted,colored wax a Dixie cup until I achieve the shade of pink I'm looking for.