? About selling Tart Warmers

RetroMetroChic

My Tarts have become very popular and I am considering selling the warmers.

Which do you find are the most popular the combo warmers, plug ins, electric or tea light? I personally like tea light but that may not be everyone.

If I do get electric I want to make sure they have enough wattage etc.

And curious the best places for wholesale pricing, I've looked at JD Wholesale they are the only ones I find with good pricing, but they are a bit boring looking.

candlewarmers.com is local for me, in fact only about 10 minutes away from my house... so I use them if someone wants to order a warmer. They are in stores all over Utah, so people around here are used to seeing and using them, so its an easy sale. Never had a problem, their customer service is good and the warmers are great. I dont outright "sell" them, but I offer the option up to anyone wanting to buy one.

I also use tealight warmers around my house, they are just really modern looking simple white tealight warmers, they hold only one cube from a tart clamshell at once, but because of the heat they produce, they throw like a dream. I wont sell them, my liability insurance wont allow me to... but I personally really like them.

my biggest problem is finding warmers that arent "cute". They dont sell well here.. plain, modern, and light colored are what people request. I know in other parts of the country, the "cute" or themed ones sell well.. so its really about location I think!

I like the electric tart/candle warmers from C&S. I tried selling tea lite burners but they weren't popular and I don't trust any that work by the heat of a bulb. Those bulb warmers just don't get hot enough for some waxes.

The best sellers for me have been the electric tart/candle combo warmers. When I sell tarts I always get these to sell with them and they work great. If you buy a dozen at C&S you get a price break so the come to about $5.50 ea and I resell at $12 with no problem.

couple questions...I am in the process of getting insurance for my soap candle busi...what do you mean you insurance wont allow you to sell warmers. Also has anyone tried the obi imports plug ins , wondering on scent throw with these. My thought here is that an electric warmer would be the best for scent throw...I have never tried one though

couple questions...I am in the process of getting insurance for my soap candle busi...what do you mean you insurance wont allow you to sell warmers. Also has anyone tried the obi imports plug ins , wondering on scent throw with these. My thought here is that an electric warmer would be the best for scent throw...I have never tried one though

they wont let me sell the tealight ones. The electric arent an issue but the tealight ones were an issue for them

I also like to purchase plain white tart burners, I found a small embossed tart warmer that only holds one clamshell cube but like someone else said, the scent throw is great. I bought a case of clear glass warmers from the corning ny factory store, they sold out fast...The clear glass ones are hard to find (unless somewhere here on the boards knows a good place to find them). I took an art class @ Michaels a couple of years ago and started painting the clear glass warmers. I just finished the case of them. I did my office in a polka dot style and painted polka dots on the warmers. The hands down best warmer I have personally used is a crock pot style warmer. It holds a lot of wax and heats up to a pretty hot heat. Many times I pour wick less votives to put in that warmer.

Do you get the crock pot style warmers from Candlewarmers.com? Also, does it come with a glass to put the votive in? I thought I read somewhere that it does, but it doesn't state so on their website. TIA

I also like to purchase plain white tart burners, I found a small embossed tart warmer that only holds one clamshell cube but like someone else said, the scent throw is great. I bought a case of clear glass warmers from the corning ny factory store, they sold out fast...The clear glass ones are hard to find (unless somewhere here on the boards knows a good place to find them). I took an art class @ Michaels a couple of years ago and started painting the clear glass warmers. I just finished the case of them. I did my office in a polka dot style and painted polka dots on the warmers. The hands down best warmer I have personally used is a crock pot style warmer. It holds a lot of wax and heats up to a pretty hot heat. Many times I pour wick less votives to put in that warmer.