Clam Shells for Soap

xxxtennillexxx

Hi. I was wandering if anyone uses the soap clam shells from WSP (or anywhere else) for M&P? I usually wrap my soap after it is set and I was wandering if I would still need to shrink wrap it if it was poured into the clam shell containers...Here is the link of the ones I found. I ordered a few samples but am anxious to know what everyone else thinks of them! It seems like they would be pretty self sufficient, mold and packaging with no clean up! My kinda product! :yay:

I just hope it will eliminate the dreaded shrink wrap process.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=1&GroupID=261&CategoryID=1897&ProductID=3302&ProductName=Crafters+Choice%e2%84%a2++Classic+Rectangle+Clamshell

I bought the clamshell samples from C&S and tried those out. One was a guest size and the other was 5 oz.

The pros are that you have instant packaging and the soap pops right out of the clamshell plus they are each a nice size for the guest and bath soap. I have a spinner rack so I thought I would try the clamshells to see them displayed on the rack.

The cons are you have to pour your soap pretty cool or the clamshell will distort. So that meant that I would have to wait for the base to cool before pouring into the clamshells which would slow down production when I am making 20, 40, or 60 lbs of soap. Also the price is a little high and I would have to raise the price on my soap.

I finally decided not to use them because of the cost per clamshell, significantly slower production time, and that I would rather display my soap in containers laid out on a table instead of hanging on a rack.

Edited by Candybee

I buy my clamshells for soap on ebay. The seller is ibuypast and I get mine 100/$19.95. They are great and much cheaper than any other place plus she doesn't kill you with shipping charges like the suppliers do. I have never had a problem with her when ordering and order other molds as well. Everything I have received from Sue has been top quality so you should give her a try. She ships super quick also.....buy one day and usually ships out next day or same day depending on the time and have my items usually within 3 days.

Here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/100-new-glycerin-soap-molds-melt-pour-label-Done-/120492437089?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I have used the ones from WSP. I like how easy it is to just pour, wait for it to cool and then pop on a lid. Of course, I make about 2-3 lbs at a time.

The only thing I don't like is that they are small. Guest size. So for the most part, I've been using them for bath salts and for packaging herbs and simmering spices.

The clamshell molds I get off of ebay from Sue are the 5 oz size also. I just ordered some of the 2.7 oz from MMS b/c I wanted some of the smaller ones for "sample" type sizes. If you are wanting the larger ones I would definetly check out Sue on ebay though b/c her prices are a lot cheaper than others and like I said, she ships fast and the quality of her items have been great that I have got from her. I always buy my clamshells from her.

• 3 weeks later...
I buy my clamshells for soap on ebay. The seller is ibuypast and I get mine 100/$19.95. They are great and much cheaper than any other place plus she doesn't kill you with shipping charges like the suppliers do. I have never had a problem with her when ordering and order other molds as well. Everything I have received from Sue has been top quality so you should give her a try. She ships super quick also.....buy one day and usually ships out next day or same day depending on the time and have my items usually within 3 days.

Here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/100-new-glycerin-soap-molds-melt-pour-label-Done-/120492437089?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

:yay:I was just checking this link, and the price has dropped a few bucks. There are 10 available. I'm so hoping I can get in on this sale. Oh, loving boyfriend...is your credit card feeling spry:D Thanks for the link! If I have questions about using these (my first soaping EVER), would you be willing to help?

:yay:I was just checking this link, and the price has dropped a few bucks. There are 10 available. I'm so hoping I can get in on this sale. Oh, loving boyfriend...is your credit card feeling spry:D Thanks for the link! If I have questions about using these (my first soaping EVER), would you be willing to help?

:mad::(Sorry...it appears this listing has ended.

If you go back to the link, and look to the right.....click on Sellers Other Items, you'll find them there. They are back to $19.95, but she still has them. I ordered from her last night and they are already being shipped. Thanks for the link.

That listing has ended but she still has them. Go back to the link, and click on Sellers Other Items and you'll find them there. They are back to $19.95. I just ordered last night and got notification this morning that they are on their way.

Edited by NancyT
I didnt think the first one sent. Sorry for the double posting.

Thanks for the link, Theresa. I ordered these around 10 am, and received shipping confirmation by noon! :)

No problem! I've bought a lot of stuff from Sue and NEVER had any types of problems with anything with her. She is very fast and they make their own molds that I have tried a lot of. All high quality and if you ever have any questions about anything my experience has been that she is always very helpful and normally very quick to answer you. I've shopped her ebay store for several years now.

I had my mold within a couple of days but we only live about 100 miles from each other and she even offered to let me pick up so wouldn't have to pay the shipping unfortunately I wasn't able to make the trip b/c of my back surgery. Anyway, glad to pass the information on to all of you. I know I have had nothing but positive transactions with her and I wouldn't have passed the information on about her if I hadn't! She's super sweet and great to work with!

If you do have any questions about the molds feel free to pm me. I use several different m&p bases so if there is anything I can help with don't hesitate to send me the pm. I would see the pm long before I would see this thread!