different scents??

I am doing a show at a psychic and paranormal event later this month and was wondering if any of you had some ideas for some "unusual" type scents that would kind of fit in with the theme. I don't want anything that's gonna stink to high heavens but something that is different, fits the theme and that people might actually buy. I did this event last year and did really well with my products, but, thought it might be fun to try to add a few off the wall scents. Thx

Natures Garden has an Alien type. I assume it's a dupe of Thierry Mugler's perfume. He is the one that did Angel.

Not sure if that's the direction you want to go.

Wellington has a fragrance for each sign of the Zodiac.

You might also want to look at this thread: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92714

CBE, Candlebuddy and Candybee give some great suggestions on mixing your own blends. You could do something like that and then come up with your own names to match the theme of the show. There are quite a few people on here that come up with great names for things.

Edited by ProudMarineMom
because...

This may sound silly, but how about using what you have-samples, slow moving scents and renaming them? Could save money...:)

Agree, though it depends on what you've got. Like all food scents might not go with naming something Area 51 or Roswell.

Will say the Alien sticks in soap from NG ... so far anyway.

Edited by Scented

Absolutely check out Moonworks, there's so many to choose from ... Enchanted Spice, Merlin's Forest, Spirit of Avalon, Ancient Incense, etc.

Aroma Haven also has a few good ones that come to mind ... Dreamcatcher, Enchanted Forest, Moonshadow, Celtic Moonspice.

If it were me I would stick to scents that you know sell. Instead, I would come up with clever names.

For example:

Vanilla - Lunar Landing

Cinnamon - Martian's Blood

Apple Pie - Poltergeist Pie

Patchouli - Psychic Reading

Lavender & Sage - Men in Black

If you like, list your scents and I will come up with some names for them.

Seriously, I would not pay a lot of money for unusual scents that may not sell. One thing I have found is people tend to buy what they know and what is familiar to them rather than unusual or complex scents. They will also appreciate the funny names. Then you can relabel your candles that don't sell after the show.

If it were me I would stick to scents that you know sell. Instead, I would come up with clever names.

For example:

Vanilla - Lunar Landing

Seriously, I would not pay a lot of money for unusual scents that may not sell. One thing I have found is people tend to buy what they know and what is familiar to them rather than unusual or complex scents. They will also appreciate the funny names. Then you can relabel your candles that don't sell after the show.

Love your renames, Candybee! :)

And I agree with you on not spending unnecessarily for one show. However, I have been at the Moonworks site and am so tempted to try her FO. Only problem is, I want one of each! :rolleyes2

For example:

Vanilla - Lunar Landing

Thanks!! Those are great names. I wasn't wanting anything too crazy but thought it would be fun and maybe give me a few new scents... as if I need anymore..lol I will need to figure out which ones I'm gonna take and I can let you know then, I appreciate your helping in the renaming. I am unable to PM due to being new here so would u mind to give me your email so I could email you the scents when I decide? I know for sure Hot Applie Pie, Cinnamon Stick and Love Spell for sure. Honeysuckle sold really well there last year as well.