A few of my soapies

Here are a few of my soaps. The first photo is my experiment over the weekend mixing some clear M&P into my CP batch. It is scented Moonworks Scarlet Moon. I'll see if the M&P holds together with the CP as it cures. So far so good...

The second photo is Moonworks Raspberry Patch. I used my Uplands slab mold for this batch. Still trying to get a nice swirl. I can't cut straight either. Oh, well, at least they smell good!!

And the third photo is Moonworks Fairy Garden. I love this scent, but it is pretty sweet. I did two batches, both HP, and attempted to layer them.

Thanks for looking!

post-11955-139458471587_thumb.jpg

post-11955-139458471592_thumb.jpg

post-11955-139458471596_thumb.jpg

They all look great but I'm crazy about the first red one with M&P and CP mixed. I made a CP one that had a top that was unever and I poured M&P over the top about a day after I made it and it held together fine. I've never tried adding M&P inside the batch though and it looks cool.

Can I ask what red you used? No worries if it's a secret. I've never had a red like that. I have BB red for melt and pour and only used it once but don't think I used enough because I didn't get a red like that.

They all look great but I'm crazy about the first red one with M&P and CP mixed. I made a CP one that had a top that was unever and I poured M&P over the top about a day after I made it and it held together fine. I've never tried adding M&P inside the batch though and it looks cool.

Can I ask what red you used? No worries if it's a secret. I've never had a red like that. I have BB red for melt and pour and only used it once but don't think I used enough because I didn't get a red like that.

Thanks, everyone!

I swirled the clear M&P into the fresh CP which was at a medium-ish trace. First, I put a layer of M&P on the bottom of the log, let it cool and firm up, then poured the CP on top. Finally, I remelted the remaining M&P and poured it onto the CP, first from up higher to make sure it went through the CP, then used a spoon to disperse the rest so it would just sit on top. I sprayed with alcohol between each pour.

The red I used is Relay Race Red from TKB Trading. It's a nice red in clear M&P, but turns out pinkish in CP. The third pic on the right, with the pinkish and yellow layers, is also Relay Race Red.

Those are lovely! I also love the first one with the M&P swirled in. I'm hoping it stays nice and pretty. But I am also curious as to how it will feel when you wash with it.

Me too. I wanted to try it out just for the looks, but my DH sort of gave me the idea when he used a sliver of my CP with a sliver of my M&P soaps together in the shower. He said he loved the lather of the two together. I'm hoping the creamy lather of the CP and the bubbly lather of the M&P will work nicely together. I'm also hoping the layers won't fall apart in the shower. I'll report back in a month or so!

Edited by candlemama

I'm also hoping the layers won't fall apart in the shower. I'll report back in a month or so!

I have been mixing CP/HP and MP together in soap for almost a year. Falling apart can be an issue, but a bigger problem I found early on what the difference in "melt" rates between the types of soap. MP tends to wear away faster than CP, what can happen is you end up with areas of the soap where the MP was that form holes, low spots it simply goes away faster. It's a delicate balance. Your soap looks really nice and I love the fragrance choices.

I have been mixing CP/HP and MP together in soap for almost a year. Falling apart can be an issue, but a bigger problem I found early on what the difference in "melt" rates between the types of soap. MP tends to wear away faster than CP, what can happen is you end up with areas of the soap where the MP was that form holes, low spots it simply goes away faster. It's a delicate balance. Your soap looks really nice and I love the fragrance choices.

I didn't even think about that problem! My soap may end up looking like Swiss cheese, and here I was so proud of it...:laugh2: