Desperate for ideas on things to dip

pamlaura

Since we know that obstructive sleep apnea is not diagnosed in up to 90% of people who have it, so its likely that many people who suffer from recurrent nightmares also have undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnea. You can be young, thin,

still have significant obstructive sleep apnea. Yes, there are many effective methods to treat nightmares, but at least screen for sleep apnea and treat it before going on to more traditional therapy options for nightmares.

Im glad to read that the writer mentioned obstructive sleep apnea as a common co-existing condition in people with nightmares. But Im disappointed that it wasnt emphasized enough. Most people who have nightmares wake up while theyre dreaming during REM sleep. Stage REM is also the state when all your breathing muscles are relaxed, making

you more prone to waking up. Sudden obstruction and arousal during a disturbing dream and lead to a frightening experience.

WTH - Does this have to do with "dipping" anything?

OK - I got an idea but I've never dipped anything so I don't know if it'll work.

What about dipping rolls of balled yarn? You could make various sizes and colors - dip them and stack them in a basket and put a ribbon on the basket handle. Use fall colored yarn for fall scents and spring colors with floral scents and so on. Just not sure what a dipped ball of yarn would look like. Actually to keep the cost down you could probably wrap yarn around a styrofoam ball since the wax wouldn't really penetrate through the entire ball of yarn. If it works - big "if" you could make individual balls of yarn and hang a ribbon on them to be used as Christmas ornaments.

I imagine you're rolling on the floor laughing at this point but you asked for ideas and that's all I got. If you decide to try it let us know how it works out.

Maybe little pillows? Ornies? Fuzzy key chains? Can you dip satchets? Not sure how pourous something can/needs to be.

Since it was a salon, was thinking about things in a salon that might could be dipped, combs, brushes, foam rollers. Little things that could be put in a cup or a basket. But, I think you are trying to sell to their clients and need something they would display in their own homes. Don't think a hair roller would look very nice!

J

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Thanks for the ideas. I have rag balls todip as we speak. I will let you know how they go. Not sure if sleep apnea has to do with this is a boring subject or if someone is just trying to promote its issues. Thanks for all of your ideas- the sleep apnea one.

Has anyone tried small logs? I have not, but thought it might look nice stacked by a fire place. Does anyone think it would work? I've been looking for a way to have "candle logs" by the fire if anyone has suggestions. Thought this also might be an idea for pamlaura.

Jackie

Edited by Sara

I've dipped ragballs & pine cones. They came out nice. I like the prim look so I've dipped those old clothespins - just plain & have also dipped them with some old thread and/or homespun wrapped around them. I've dipped salt dough ornaments - love the gingerbread ones that I leave out all year. I had a Barbie doll sized pair of prim looking pants in a box of stuff I bought at a yardsale & they were just sitting there while I was dipping so I dipped them too. They looked cute & I was thinking if I had more doll clothes like that I could do them & hang them on a jute clothesline. I made candy canes from chenille stems last Christmas & dipped those. Bet you could dip those little hats you find at craft stores. They have straw ones that remind me of scarecrows and little witch hats made of felt.

What about some reeds? Like the decorative kind you see in vases? I'm thinking something like pussywillow, maybe dried bamboo, stuff like that? If you use just plain uncolored wax, they'd probably be really pretty and scented it would add an extra layer of fancy.

Not really sure what else you could scent. It might be pretty to take some plain-white silk flowers (roses are the first thing that comes to mind but I guess any kind of flower would work depending on your patience) and dip just the edges in some really brightly colored wax.

One Christmas I went to the dollar store and bought some of their stuffed ornaments that were like 3 for a $1 They had gingerbread men and snowmen and santa faces and stuff like that and I dipped those and they turned out really cute, I also went to the Hallmark Store and in their mark down section you can find lots of Kewl stuff! I got key chains Hallmark ornaments all sizes of cute stuffed things and most of the time you can find them anywhere from 50% to 90% off and that's a great profit! I just love this kind of deal ~Don't you? LOL

Sue Ann

Edited by wvcandlecrazy