More lotion base questions

scentlady

I priced several lotion bases per gallon based on buying a case (4 gallons) at a time, including shipping to me in NYS. Now I realize some prices will vary for other locations but there really is quite a price variable here. I use mc now and people love it but based on reviews I'm considering trying wsp. Can anyone compare bcn to mc? For those who use wsp, can you use a pump bottle or is it too thick? Is Aquatech really that much better or, as they say, you get what you pay for?

case per gallon

wsp gm 104.00 26.00

millcreek 93.47 23.36

bcn 82.11 20.53

aquatech 143.00 35.75

ebc 115.45 28.86

I've been testing the new Natural Mulit-Bases from Nature's Garden and so far all my testers are loving them. I'm testing the Soy Body Butter..totally love it and the Soy Multi-Base..really like this as well. I like how you can make a thicker cream or make it into a lotion all with the same product.

I've been testing the new Natural Mulit-Bases from Nature's Garden and so far all my testers are loving them. I'm testing the Soy Body Butter..totally love it and the Soy Multi-Base..really like this as well. I like how you can make a thicker cream or make it into a lotion all with the same product.

yeah I like that idea too but I have reservations. I know there's enough preservative for the product but there's more worry about sanitary conditions when preparing. That's one reason I don't do lotion.

When I read wsp reviews I saw that some people thinned their lotion with distilled water and the staff online at wsp told me not to do that unless you adjust the preservative. That's why I was asking how thick it is.

yeah I like that idea too but I have reservations. I know there's enough preservative for the product

This has me concerned as well. I mean, if there's enough preservative for a more dilute form, then surely there is too much for the more concentrated version. Preservatives can be irritants if used to high, and are useless if not enough used....

And if you have to adjust the preservative then how much of what?

Meh, not my thing.

Edited by CareBear

I priced several lotion bases per gallon based on buying a case (4 gallons) at a time, including shipping to me in NYS. Now I realize some prices will vary for other locations but there really is quite a price variable here. I use mc now and people love it but based on reviews I'm considering trying wsp. Can anyone compare bcn to mc? For those who use wsp, can you use a pump bottle or is it too thick? Is Aquatech really that much better or, as they say, you get what you pay for?

case per gallon

wsp gm 104.00 26.00

millcreek 93.47 23.36

bcn 82.11 20.53

aquatech 143.00 35.75

ebc 115.45 28.86

I use the WSP GM lotion and love it. The price you listed is correct and it includes shipping. The lotion comes in a gallon size pail thats sealed at the top. It is very thick and luxurious and high end quality. Scents and colors well too. I think the thickness is just right and doesn't need to be thinned out. I also just use a large spoon to scoop out the lotion to transfer into my pyrex container for heating in my micro. Once its heated and has become liquid its easy to pour directly into my bottles.

I have been using the squat bottles with pumps to package. I have also used the cosmo bottles with pumps too. The pumps work great and the lotion comes out easily.

I live in VA and the turn around is about a week. They tend to ship out early in the week or at the end (Friday) but not necessarily on the day you purchase. It works out for me as I know when I order I will always get it the following week.