Soap Dishes

brempel

• 1 month later...
That's the same thing I do. I have the same trim, too.

MarieJeanette :)

Last night my sister & I made 16 of these for $1.70ea. We had lowes cut them (it was olny $3.75 more) No need for power tools or a hand saw miter box. Just some sanding and poly/varnish. Super easy!

post-11142-139458472539_thumb.jpg

I get the ikea wood ones too. People really rave about them. I like them because they aren't flat. I feel like the soap bars stick to the flat ones.

I like the idea of the ones you make yourself from trim because some people don't want holes in the dish. They feel like it is messy.

So if the homemade dishes are $1.70 ea and the ikea ones are $1.99 ea, how much are you guys charging for them?

Haven't even gotten to that point yet, but I love the quality look of the Ikea ones.

Personally I prefer the look over my homemade jobs, and I usually don't say stuff like that. The dove tail corners of the Ikea ones show quality. Mine look cheap, and they actually are not that much cheaper. :(

http://www.soapania.com/soaps/Wooden%20Soap%20Dishes/Wooden%20Soap%20Dishes.html

Soapania has some nice wooden soap dishes. There is a min order of $75.

I put in an order for some dishes and soap sacks a couple of days ago from here. I thought that around $1.50 per dish was a great price, especially for how nice they are.

Edited by kestagano04

I found some really nice plain clear plastic ones at Ollie's that I use in my bathroom. They suction cup to the shower wall and I really love that. Everyone has their own separate soap dish since we're all usually using a different soap. But dummy me forgot to get one for the kitchen. So when I was at Target, I found this: http://www.target.com/Room-Essentials-Countertop-Soap-Dish/dp/B001J241PS/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

It's not super decorative but I like it for next to my kitchen sink because it's an area that's usually fairly wet and I don't have to worry about the waterproofer that would be on a wooden dish getting messed up and it's super easy to clean.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...
kestagano04,

Did you get your soap dishes from soapania.com yet? I was looking at getting about 48 for Christmas gifts (soap dish with soaps). I was wondering if they are as nice as they look on line? Thanks

Yes, they are definitely as nice as they look online. I am very happy with my purchase. Quick shipping too!

The different style dishes do vary a little bit in size, make sure you check out the dimensions in the descriptions.