Has this happened to any of you? Artfire....

I took advantage of the "Go Pro for $1" promotion through Artfire and now in the past 3 days have had 2 emails from different bloggers wanting samples to "promote" my products. Are any of these people legit? :confused: I mean, I know there are a few reputable ones out there but how do you weed out the good from the bad? (The first one I didn't even respond to, because I watched her YouTube vid and she looks like a teenager and can't even pronounce fragrance names properly! :rolleyes2 ) I mean, am I forced to look at every stupid video/blog posting to get to one or two good prospects--or are there even any good prospects? Thanks in advance!

Personally I don't think there is any such animal as a good promotion from an anonomous person requesting 'free' samples. Some people will do anything to get something free including resorting to threats.

When a legit company or a company rep wants to sample your products they buy them just like everyone else. When a store is thinking of selling your products they buy something like everyone else.

If you don't normally give out free product to complete strangers that purchase nothing then why even think about doing it?

Ask yourself if you know of anyone who has received sales out of these kind of 'promoters'. I don't know anyone who has.

These days everyone but my dog has a blog and does reviews.

I get 3 to 4 requests every week...for reviews and giveaways bla bla bla.

These people just want free stuff most of them are young girls (nothing against young girls but I am no longer in my teens) just this week I had a request from a 14 year old, another time I sent 4 candles and the girl never did the review when I ask her when she was going to do the review she told me that she didn't know I was going to get stressed over it...and another one did such a stupid review I wanted to slap her.

So I would say never mind the reviews keep your money.

You know what would be funny is to compose a return email and save it for all those 'promoters'. Then when you get one just copy and paste it into your reply and send.

Say in the composed email that you:

"require a bio of themselves along with written transcripts of at least 3 of their reviews of similar products along with references from the companies with names and addresses reviewed so you may verify them. Lastly request supportive documentation that sales have occured as a result of said promotions. Then end your email with the following statement that you will be forwarding their request to your attorney to cross reference their identity and promoter claims to the local authorities and the FBI (because the request came through your email/website, etc.)"

:P

You know what would be funny is to compose a return email and save it for all those 'promoters'. Then when you get one just copy and paste it into your reply and send.

Say in the composed email that you:

"require a bio of themselves along with written transcripts of at least 3 of their reviews of similar products along with references from the companies with names and addresses reviewed so you may verify them. Lastly request supportive documentation that sales have occured as a result of said promotions. Then end your email with the following statement that you will be forwarding their request to your attorney to cross reference their identity and promoter claims to the local authorities and the FBI (because the request came through your email/website, etc.)"

:P

I love it!

Oh girl, you know I've gotta try that out!! The first culprit actually sent ANOTHER email to me, pretty much a carbon copy of the first one. This is going to be fun.......:naughty:

Hello! Thanks for your interest in our products! In an effort to put a stop to greedy little leeches who want to take food out of our children's mouths by asking for freebies, my business partner and I have developed a plan for submitting samples to sites/persons for review. We require a bio of yourself submitted to us, along with transcripts of your last 3 reviews. We also require the names of the businesses and contact info so that we might contact them to see if they were pleased with your review. We also require supportive information that an adequate amount of sales have been generated from your reviews. Lastly, we will be forwarding your request to our attorney to verify that you are a legitimate promoter. They will be able to contact the local authorities to make sure that you are on the up and up. Thanks so much and we hope to be hearing from you really soon! :) suzyqandsallytoo

Hopefully, her face-----> :shocked2: muaaaahahahaha

Dammit, that was fun!

Edited by asheebeans

Nice letter....LOL

I must regretfully say I was burned on this....and I actually checked on this person's YouTube reviews she had done on other companies/products! So now I never give out samples to "cold requests," but instead occasionally do "Customer Freebie" contests and ask for their review/testimonials either on my website or Facebook page. I have had much more success (and increased sales) using this method. Not to mention my customers like it! HTH