Candles accessories

I used to sell them but then realized that everything I was selling was made in China so I quit. I have, over the years, found a candle lantern that my husband made but, given the price I had to ask for them, they didn't sell that well.

Also a big problem was, if you are doing craft shows, candle holders and accessories are just more stuff to haul around.

Given these problems, I decided it really wasn't worth the extra headache to sell candle holders.

Same here. Tried selling votive and pillar holders and cute candle cappers for a while but nobody bought any. The only 'candle' accessory I have ever been able to sell are tart warmers. Tart warmers sell well if you are selling tarts.

I sell the toppers and stoppers, but as a set with a candle. They sell best for Christmas and birthday presents, so they're not an everyday seller. I also do unique votive/tealight holders, again as a set. Those do pretty well all year long.:)

Not to counter dict anyone posting before us, but we just started a booth at a local flea market and sell candle accessories along with our candles, tarts, votives, tea lights, warmers, pillars and hand painted glassware... and find that it all moves in time. If your doing craft shows I would think not so much, but given the cost you can get these accessories at wholesale, and even with retail markup, why not? To us we see it as just another reason customers will come to us for all their birthday, wedding, holiday gift giving ideas :) Got to maximize where you can :) Best of luck to you hun!

Quick example, 1 customer today came in and bought every butterfly holders and warmers we had. Just takes that one customer to make it worth the while :) xoxo

Thank you all for your replies!

The thing is that we are in the process of opening a store. And I wanted to bring quality accessories like holders and candelabra to the store maybe in small quantities.

I guess what we need is to bring quality things and different and unique apart from the dollar, department stores.

If I had the equipment I would probably make my own in different metals with patinas and the such but making candles takes enough time as it is. Hell I'm thinking of making my own molds!

A bit off topic but in the process of opening the store and working with all that goes into opening a store, I have met the most incompetent people ever. (sigh) I just had to vent there for a while. That's kinda why I almost feel that I have to make everything myself from accessories to molds. I have to also recognize that I have also met great people who help but they're less than the ones who really want to make you........anyway!

thank you all!

Dan

Dan, we have been down that road too in the past and its a rocky one. Just keep your mind right and your eyes on the future and there is no stopping you :) Best of luck in your venture! Btw, with you opening a store, and if the capital is available, then deck that store our for all your customers home decor needs :) If it's candle related then someone coming will want it sooner or later. :) We do like the idea of staying away from that dollar store junk... But there are many wholesale companies that carry candle accessories :)

EccoLights,

Thanks for your reply!

I have learned a lot from this experience and grown a lot too. And will absolutely keep learning and growing. I have come to the conclusion that the word to repeat to yourself trough out this is..perseverance perseverance perseverance! Not one second of giving up.

Dan

Honestly Dan, with that word alone.....We know you will succeed :) Best of luck my friend :) If we can ever help or need to vent, feel free to PM us or email us at our username here @gmail.com :)

Edited by EccoLights

We have recently open a small storefront and we have candle accessories and other "fillers". In my opinion a store that is only jars and jars of candles lined up would not be appealing. The extra fillers like signs and other items help to make our store homey. We do use mainly fillers that are candle-related.

One lesson a person told me that has had a store front for a long time is that you need to remember to buy things that are not always what your personal taste and even if you think it is tacky somebody will love it as not everybody has good taste...lol

When i was buying tart warmers i bought many that I thought were ugly, either color, shape, pattern.. and I was shocked when some of the first sold were the ones I hated.

Hmmm..maybe i am the one with no taste???

Congrats on your store and good luck