What is the best soy wax and why?

Alright Ecosoya CB Xcel has just come out and i want to put all the cards on the table here... I've been using golden Brands 464 with coconut oil under the impression that the 464 has the best throw of all the soy wax's.. I would like to get other peoples input on the topic because this new soy looks rather good..

I think the best wax is the one that gives you a product you are pleased with and doesn't cost an arm and leg for shipping. I've used Ecosoya and GB---results much the same, except for a local supplier carries GB so I can get 50 lbs for around $50 vs 50 lbs for around $100 shipped to me. For that reason, GB is the best wax for me :)

I think the best wax is the one that gives you a product you are pleased with

yes.

Honestly. There are so many things that come into play. Different FO's. Wicks. Containers. Local Humidity. Local Heat. Proximity of suppliers (although I think you should not always go on that).... GB 464 works for me. I've used it for years.. I've gone through my struggles with it, and its my friend now. We're comfy with eachother. From time to time I'll test other waxes... but I keep going steady with my 464.

Each of us are going to say one wax or another, but none are the "best" unless they work for you!

yes.

Honestly. There are so many things that come into play. Different FO's. Wicks. Containers. Local Humidity. Local Heat. Proximity of suppliers (although I think you should not always go on that).... GB 464 works for me. I've used it for years.. I've gone through my struggles with it, and its my friend now. We're comfy with eachother. From time to time I'll test other waxes... but I keep going steady with my 464.

Each of us are going to say one wax or another, but none are the "best" unless they work for you!

I like 464 and im trying to start a good relationship with it but its giving me some trouble! im gonna post a thread on my newest problem which is crumbly looking tops EVEN AFTER Coconut oil... GRRRRRR what would you suggest.. i mean it looks a ton better then it did without it after burning, but its not perfect.

I like 464 and im trying to start a good relationship with it but its giving me some trouble! im gonna post a thread on my newest problem which is crumbly looking tops EVEN AFTER Coconut oil... GRRRRRR what would you suggest.. i mean it looks a ton better then it did without it after burning, but its not perfect.

read your post, thats totally normal for the top to look like that after a burn :) Some FO's will cause more "ripples" than others, but your tops look good to me.. no soot, and no mushrooming.. good job!

read your post, thats totally normal for the top to look like that after a burn :) Some FO's will cause more "ripples" than others, but your tops look good to me.. no soot, and no mushrooming.. good job!

HAHAHA actually you have no idea how much that means to me.. I'm a younger guy and i think its funny because i think i bit off more then i can chew when i started doing this stuff... everybody thinks im crazy cause there like brandon your gonna do what!? im like yea make candles dude they smell good. haha. but anyways yea i feel like the 464 is what most people think is the best soy and has the best throw out of all of them (according to candlescience) so naturally it was an easy choice for me to make..

When I started out testing different waxes, I thought for sure that I would like 464 the most and really wanted to work with that wax. But in actuality I liked working with 415 the best. The 415 did everything I wanted it to do, but did not have as good as luck with 444 or 464, so I have stuck with 415.

I use 464 w/CO, and I still see frosting (I don't use dye) and that really is annoying. I just haven't got around to trying other waxes. It seems that just when you read one wax works for alot of peeps then you read it doesn't work for others. It is a constant challenge for perfection...LOL

Is anything ever truely perfect?