FO Recommendation for Shaving Soap

candlemama

My husband has requested I make him shaving soap for father's day and wants a "clean scent that's not too musky" (it's all I can get out of him!). Preferably, I'd like something that's more unisex so I can use it, too. I'm a noob to soaping and haven't decided if I'll do CP or HP yet for this batch and would like to order an FO that would work well for either. Supplier doesn't matter. I'm willing to give them all a try!!

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Well now ... what can we think of ...

For him ...

Cool Water

Bay Rum

Axe fragrances

For you ... (you pick lol!)

Unisex (IMO)

Dragonfly Moon

Celestial Waters (think that's what Moonworks calls it, BUT I haven't tried it. Going to, just haven't gotten my bottle yet however I hear it's divine and uni)

About anything Moonworks has is going to come close to unisex I think.

Clean/fresh scents: Peaks' Ocean, with or without a touch of their Freesia, the Freesia does not make it floral at all. Peak's Cool Citrus Basil, very fresh. Moonworks Celestial Sea, the best of the Cactus & Sea Salt types, you can smell the driftwood. Peak's Black Canyon is a great scent, but does have some musk in the background. I would only put about .2 oz per pound of soap based on the way it throws in soy, super strong!

Just a minute, going downstairs to look at the rest of my stash.......:waiting:

Okay, I'm back! Herbal: Elements Manuka Lavender, a slightly sweet lavender that is wonderful, and SC Aveda type Sapmoss. Fresh, Candlewic's Spa and SC The Thymes "Eucalyptus" dupe. This is a soapy fresh scent, not very eucalyptusy?? scent! Citrus: BB Energy, Ky Mandarin Spice, SC Citron and Fugue, and Moonworks Spirit of Avalon, a lime/musk scent that is unusual and reminds me of Bay Rum without the spice. I think I forgot SC's Green Clover and Aloe type, a grassy fresh scent, and I know Peak's carries this as well! Oh, and Lonestar has a great straight Lavender, and Sage and Citrus dupe! BG and Peak's Lavender is a soapy one, and I have alot of friends that prefer those, but LS Lavender is more true to my nose! Just thinking, the men I know do seem to prefer the "soapy" lavender.

Sorry this was so long & rambling, HTH!!

Clean/fresh scents: Peaks' Ocean, with or without a touch of their Freesia, the Freesia does not make it floral at all. Peak's Cool Citrus Basil, very fresh. Moonworks Celestial Sea, the best of the Cactus & Sea Salt types, you can smell the driftwood. Peak's Black Canyon is a great scent, but does have some musk in the background. I would only put about .2 oz per pound of soap based on the way it throws in soy, super strong!

Just a minute, going downstairs to look at the rest of my stash.......:waiting:

Okay, I'm back! Herbal: Elements Manuka Lavender, a slightly sweet lavender that is wonderful, and SC Aveda type Sapmoss. Fresh, Candlewic's Spa and SC The Thymes "Eucalyptus" dupe. This is a soapy fresh scent, not very eucalyptusy?? scent! Citrus: BB Energy, Ky Mandarin Spice, SC Citron and Fugue, and Moonworks Spirit of Avalon, a lime/musk scent that is unusual and reminds me of Bay Rum without the spice. I think I forgot SC's Green Clover and Aloe type, a grassy fresh scent, and I know Peak's carries this as well! Oh, and Lonestar has a great straight Lavender, and Sage and Citrus dupe! BG and Peak's Lavender is a soapy one, and I have alot of friends that prefer those, but LS Lavender is more true to my nose! Just thinking, the men I know do seem to prefer the "soapy" lavender.

Sorry this was so long & rambling, HTH!!

Thanks! That does help with finding an FO but not so much with my bank acct... :laugh2:I want to get samples of ALL of them now!!

When you order Spirit of Avalon from Moonworks, try Enchanted Spice. I use it for soap. Men love it. Women, too. I have had men order anywhere from 3 to 8 bars of it at a time.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give that one a try, too!