M&P type?

kyme1911

Has anyone ever used this BB base before? Here is the description

It's called LCP M&P...

Low Sweat (Like Cold Process) Melt and Pour Base (Opaque) - A cold process melt and pour base? How can this be you ask? Our newest base allows you to enjoy the look of cold process in a Melt and Pour base! It is perfect for someone who wants to wrap their soap in paper. This soap base is an opaque white base that does very well in humid climates with little to no sweating!

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerine (kosher, of vegetable origin), Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifer), Soy bean protein (conditioner) , Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener used in opaque soaps)

Haven't tried it but heard good things about it. Especially if you want to try making salt bars using that particular base. Seems it holds together very well. At least I have seen pics of the finished salt bars using the CP type M&P base and they were gorgeous!

I haven't tried it either, but from my understanding it is the SFIC low sweat base. BB's house brand of M&P base is SFIC. So you may be able to find another supplier who carries it closer to you if BB is far away.

I've also read that it's a good base to use to make salt bars. I tried making salt bars using my M&P, and while I think they looked cool, they just didn't work at all. I haven't had any problem with them turning to mush in the middle yet (made them about a month ago). But I get ZERO bubbles and lather. And it's nothing like a CP salt bar, at all. Of course, I'm new to making soap and I didn't use the low sweat M&P base, so maybe that's the problem. I have tried making CoCo's sugar cube scrub recipe with M&P base, and it turned out awesome.

Thanks, I have a wish list going on the site. As far as distance, it seems everything is far from me so that won't be a factor. I thought it sounded like it would give a nice rustic look. Which I like!

I have no clue about any of this, but I have been watching Youtube videos on the weekends. M&P and Milled soaps look so fun.

Kyme

I tried it a long time ago. (3 years?) It was definitely different in texture than normal glycerin bases. It had a drier feel and seemed to "shrink" a bit as they dried. It lathered fine and took color just fine if I remember right. I don't think it was too much like CP soap though.

Perhaps order their sample pack of bases and give them all try.

Bramble Berry was one of my first suppliers. I still use them on occasion because their customer service is amazing, but their distance from me makes shipping so much.

That is the SFIC base. They don't put a lot of added "junk" to their bases and, IMO, is one of the more "natural" M&P bases you can find. Many suppliers carry SFIC, including Peak Candle, KY Candle and Southern Soapers to name a few.

This is the only base l use ,probably not quite as creamy as other bases but you can add extra oils to compensate for that.I use it mainly because its low sweat and since we have a lot of humidity in the warmer weather it does hold up to its claim.My only problem is that in Australia we can only get the opaque not the clear which is a pain especially if l use clear and opaque in the one bar.

Bramble Berry was one of my first suppliers. I still use them on occasion because their customer service is amazing, but their distance from me makes shipping so much.

That is the SFIC base. They don't put a lot of added "junk" to their bases and, IMO, is one of the more "natural" M&P bases you can find. Many suppliers carry SFIC, including Peak Candle, KY Candle and Southern Soapers to name a few.

Thanks, thats good to know. They have all those cool instructional videos, and I just thought I would check them out.

I was poking around on the internet trying to find more info about SFIC's bases and came upon their website. For those interested, you can buy a sample pack of all 17 of the M&P bases, one pound each, for $39.99. I thought it wasn't a bad deal and may order some in the future after I get through all the base I have now. Here's the address in case you want it...

http://www.sficcorp.com/samplepacks.aspx