HPIM1484.JPG

Cut

HPIM1505.JPG

Vanilla Forest

HPIM1490.JPG

Cut

HPIM1501.JPG

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

I don't know where to begin they're all so beautiful! Man I got to get my hands on a slab mold. :rolleyes2 I really like the lavender vanilla. I love the way that light purple contrasts with the browning of the soap. What did you use to get that color? Did you have to scent the swirl differently to keep it from darkening too?

I split the batch and mixed the lavender first. I used Lavender F/O in the lavender color (I used 1/2 tsp. violet oxide for the color). I left the Vanilla, Vanilla (F/O) part of the batch uncolored. I poured the lavender part first, let it set in the slab mold while I mixed the Vanilla, Vanilla part and poured that in and swirled. I knew it would turn brown eventually, but it had already turned brown when it started to go into gel. By the next day it looked like the photos. The scent came out great, it blended pretty well. I used equal parts of both fragrance oils. I was really pleased with how it came out. Thanks for looking.

Edited by bayougirl

• 1 month later...