Pacifica Winter Festival - I had a line!

RobinInOR

What an incredible day! I wanted to make at least my personal best day, I would have been content. But OMG I made 2.5 times my personal best! 21x booth fees. I'm pretty small time, so an $800 day is huge for me :) From 10-1 I had people 2-3 deep, all trying to throw money at me - it was so unexpected and so fun - everyone was laughing and we had a grand time.

Got a wholesale inquiry too for next year - the local huge nursery wants to carry my soaps - right now they import soaps from France and would rather use local, especially ones that use local herbs. Cool! I'm your girl!

The booth was just about bare at the end - I sold out of just about everything. Lemongrass Ginger was the first to go, then the Lemon Poppyseed. Lavender Mint was next, then Grapefruit Splash. Everyone wanted citrus it seemed. Lavender pillars did great - I heard a lot of comments on how people were "candled out".

Booth space was only 8x8, so I tried a shallow U shape - was kind of congested. In the pics my booth looks really really messy - it did look neater to the eye. It is the most "stuffed" table I've ever done. The lighting is terrible in this building, so they aren't great pics.

Day before started out with a huge snowstorm - DH told me I couldn't go, it wasn't safe. Then the battery on the Wrangler died, what a mess. Finally got a new battery and off we went since it stopped snowing.

Cats not happy outside

WGPacifica05Snow.jpg

The full booth in a U shape

WGPacifica05Full.jpg

The lavender side on the right

WGPacifica05Right.jpg

Closeup of some of the lavender

WGPacifica05LavClose.jpg

The center of the booth - lip balms, gift bags, dry facial scrub, shea butter

WGPacifica05Center.jpg

The cranberry section

WGPacifica05Cranberry.jpg

The left side - the foody scents - oatmeal milk honey, sandalwood vanilla, cocoa butter & almond..

WGPacifica05Left.jpg

What an incredible day! I wanted to make at least my personal best day, I would have been content. But OMG I made 2.5 times my personal best! 21x booth fees. I'm pretty small time, so an $800 day is huge for me :) From 10-1 I had people 2-3 deep, all trying to throw money at me - it was so unexpected and so fun - everyone was laughing and we had a grand time.

You know Robin, I have to admit that I am so surprised that not every show is like this one for because your products are so nice. Alot of the people around you must not know about you or they would be running to buy your stuff. Hopefully the word is getting out. :yay: You have always inspired me as I am sure you have for others too. Big huge congratulations on this successful show. You have worked very hard, provide so much help on this board and are so deserving of this success. I hope it continues for you.

Congratulations on your new best show! :yay: I agree with Meridith. For as wonderful as your products are I would think every show would be a sell out. Those folks in OR don't know what they are missing. Good luck with the wholesale account. Sounds like a perfect fit for you. Glad the weather cleared, you were able to get there and the peeps showed up. My kitties don't like the snow either. Fortunately we don't usually get much.

Robin, as always I think your products supercede (?) any products I've seen in the store, and I'm glad everything was a huge success for you. I really like how you categorize every scent into each one of your products. For example, you have the lavender pillars, with the lavender soaps, along with the lavender soap bombs. santa big

Good Job!!!:highfive:

I'm so very happy for you Robin! You stuff looks wonderful as always! That inverted U is what I use at the big show when I only have a small space and three tables. The booth can seem very crowded with people stacked to pay for things and move on. It makes it a little harder to restock the tables as well but the customer feels embraced by the product so they tend to come in and linger!

I'm happy to know that all of the work was worth it and that it paid off bigtime for you. Give hubby a thanks for getting you there!:highfive: :yes: :wave: