One giant wet spot?

First, my apologies for the bad photos... I never was much of a photographer!

I have yet another silly newbie question. What exactly is a wet spot? I poured these two candles using Gen Wax SB 1000 (60% soy, 40% paraffin and other additives), which is advertised as having excellent glass adherence. I poured them both at 150 degrees because of the higher soy content. I thought the first candle, the off-white candle, ended up looking relatively good because it looked fairly uniform and I thought had no wet spots (please ignore the sinking middle as I didn't realize this wax requires a second pour and ran out of wax). So... then I made the yellow candle and saved enough wax to do a second pour. I poured the second pour on the yellow candle at about 180 degrees thinking it would give me better adherence between the two layers. Woke up the next morning and could see the second layer appears to be sticking to the glass, while the rest of the candle isn't, just like the white candle.

From reading the posts here, I'm thinking a wet spot is when the candle doesn't stick to the glass? So does that mean my off white candle is one complete wet spot? Does it really matter as far as aesthetics if the entire candle pulls away from the glass as long as it's uniform? Or should I strive to have the candle stick to the glass?

post-11955-139458466595_thumb.jpg

post-11955-139458466603_thumb.jpg

Wet spot are really funny things they come and go for one thing. Even if you get the candle to cool with no wet spots they can show up and disappear when they feel like it.

Wet spots are the least of your worries about making candles. I suggest you not get hung up on them mainly because you have no real control over them in the long run.

I can't tell for sure because the photos are a little fuzzy but I am not seeing any wet spots either. What you may think is one may actually be a repour line. At least I can see the line where you made the second pour.

Edited by Candybee

While you can do some things to encourage the best adhesion you can get between the container & the wax, glass & wax expand & contract at different rates, so wet spots are bound to occur sometimes. If that's the only problem you are having with your candles, you are doing GREAT!! :)

Thanks, everyone. Yes, there is definitely a line where I did the repour, and that part is sticking to the glass while the rest of the candle isn't. In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather have a great smelling candle that doesn't burn the house down than one with no wet spots! I was just so shocked when I first saw these candles that they were so uniform, until I did the repour on the yellow one.

I haven't tried burning them yet and want to let them cure for another day or so. The off-white one is creme brulee from CS and the CT is awesome. The yellow one is Pear Glace from CS and the CT is slight so far but still smells nice.

Wet spots are part of candle life. We use C3 and sometimes we don't see wet spots for 2 weeks, perfect candles, and suddenly a slight change in temp and they will all get them. Used to get very upset but now we just accept them as a fact and people buy because they like the smell. Do an experiment and set up a stall where all your candles have wetspots and I guarantee you won't have one single customer ask you about it or even mention it, I am talking hundreds of people. The prat that asks you is some twit who is a shitty candle maker themself.