Free test burning service

I was just curious if anyone has tried Wicks Unlimited's free test burning service. If so, were you pleased with their recommendation? Also, how long did the whole process take? We've been thinking about sending off some of our candles to get tested but want to make sure it's worth it before we do.

Thanks!

... personally, I would not ever send my candles off to be test burned by anyone but myself. Reason being, I want to see how it performs through every stage of the test burn with my own two eyes.

Ditto!! :cool2:

This probably isn't such a bad idea for a newbie who is at wits end trying to figure out what wick to use as long as they do testing at home with the same wick to see how it burns. :confused:

I would give it a try, would be interesting to see what wick they would suggest. :tongue2:

I haven't but have thought about it. If you have a jar size down and your wax. I would diffidently give it a try. I think you send some already scented and this is just to see which wick works best in your wax and your jar. I pretty much have mine worked out but who knows maybe the one they suggest will work better.

How much does it cost? Keep in mind they charge for their service. I would do it out of curiosity. I've seen Bruce test burn with my own eyes. That's how I learned a huge part of what I know about testing wicks, he is a proffesional.

Wonder what he does for candle nose.:laugh2::laugh2:

Linda

Maybe i'm just confused, but wouldn't a testing service be a second opinion on how your candle burns? I would think they they would want it tested before they get it and they would give you feed back on how it burns. :confused:

I wouldn't give a candle to anybody to test until I personally have tested it and satisfied with the results.

well palm pillars are pissing me off. I can get them to burn beautifully but not get the scent to come up like it should - go figure. wonder if they test throw or just burn?

What are you using for wicks? I make palm pillars and they throw wonderfully. Maybe I could help you?

How much does it cost? Keep in mind they charge for their service. I would do it out of curiosity. I've seen Bruce test burn with my own eyes. That's how I learned a huge part of what I know about testing wicks, he is a proffesional.

Wonder what he does for candle nose.:laugh2::laugh2:

Linda

It says on their website the service is free to their customers.

Edited by Candybee