Nature's Garden

For those of you who have tried Nature's Garden FOs, have you noticed that the scent threw is really weak in most of them. We've ordered 20-25 different scents over the past few months and when we test burn them, the scent doesn't even fill an average sized room. For example, I really liked their Fresh Cut Grass scent while in the bottle, but I tried burning it and nothing. I literally had to stand over the candle to smell anything. On the other hand, we just test burned Peake's Tall Grass, which is a very similar scent, and the scent throw is great.

It might just be that the oil you choose is not good for your wax. What wax are you using? I use a parasoy blend and I get a great throw from their oils. I read the reviews and base my choices on those that others said worked well. I have not tried the FO that you are referencing, so I can't help there. I love the seaside cotton...that can fill a room. I just got that one along with 10 others and all have been fine so far. Many here use NG oils. Do a search on what is popular. It also could have to do with your wicking. If the wicking isn't right, you may not get a good throw. Give us some more info and maybe we can help.

I agree with Jennyjo....we us a parasoy and MOST of their FO's do great!! I use their Fresh Cut Grass with no problems....scent throw is great.

I've certainly had my share of weak ones from them, but I just make a note of it and move on. The reviews on the board can be helpful at times, but you gotta know how to weed out the ones that matter -- basically, I ignore the feedbacks that scream a 16-year old left it ;)

If you are using paraffin then I would definately play around with the wicks. Have you tried different ones? What are you using? I am not a paraffin expert, but someone may have wick suggestions.

We're using the Atkins & Pearce 51-32-18 Zinc Core wicks. They work well with all the scents from our main FO supplier - just not so well with NG.

I've only found a couple that I really like from NG and think are strong enough even in my parasoy blend. I personally think most of their FO's are pretty weak and just don't bother with them much anymore. :cool2:

I've had a few NG scents that I found too weak, but I'm currently test-burning their Alpine Snowdrift in soy and it's definitely strong enough to fill a large room. The only issue with it is that the description reads "This fragrance is a perfect blend of wet snow, a frozen air accord, menthol, woodland moss, spearmint leaves, winter anise, an ozonic accord, frosted vanilla, and galbanum" and all I can smell is bayberry. Now, I love bayberry, but I wanted a real winter/snow scent. Any recommendations?

However, I'm also test-burning The Candle Source's Gingersnap Cookies and I'd swear black and blue it's apple pie--so maybe it's just my nose :embarasse

I've had no trouble with any of the scent throw from NG oils. Some I don't care for, but all have thrown well in my parasoy blend. I think the wick has something to do with it. I use CDN's, wanted to use the ECO, but the scent throw was weak with them.

I started out trying NG almost 6 years ago, as well as Candles & Supplies and found that after testing, etc. that I prefer Peak, CS, KY, TN Wildfire and one must-have from Daystar.

Everyone has their favorite "go to" suppliers. Stick with what works for YOU!

It's funny, because I had trouble with KY fragrances. I switched from KY Coconut Cream Pie to Natures Garden, because it seems to throw much stronger in my wax. It must depend a lot on a person's wax and wicking. But I agree that Peak's oils can't be beat. CS are mostly good for me, too. I have been trying to narrow down suppliers, but its hard because everyone keeps recommending oils from this company and that company. It's hard to resist!

I have been oredering from NG for a few years and have found several (not all) of there oils to work great in my wax. I have used straight 4627 and a parasoy I blend myself. A few that are really good sellers are;

Hillbilly Homebrew

Passionate Kisses

Sexy as Sin

Best Friends

Ecalyptus

I have recenetly been testing a few others and found the same results; some great, some not so great. Here's what I have found recently;

Cabernet Sauvignon - Parasoy blend - Great throw hot & cold, travels well through multiple rooms and true to the name.

Austrailian Bamboo Grass - Parasoy blend - Great throw hot & cold, travels well through multiple rooms but too much floral, not enough green.

Fresh Cut Bamboo - Parasoy blend - Great throw hot & cold, travels well through multiple rooms but too much floral. Very similar to Austrailian Bamboo Grass when burning.

Rain Barrell - Parasoy blend - Very light hot throw, very good cold throw. I'll pass on this one. Pity because this is really a noce scent. Clean with a nice warm tone.

Easter Bunny Burps - Parasoy blend - Very light hot throw, very good cold throw. Passing on this one.

BTW, I am using HTP wicks on all of the above except for the straight 4627, with that I use 51-32-18 z