Pistachio FO's

aviator girl

I know Daystar has ile flotante which has pistachio in it and backwoods has a pistachio dream cake. Anyone know of any other pistachio scents? It seems like Daystar had a pistachio ice cream but I don't see it anymore.

I absolutely adore Laura Mercier's creme de pistache souffle body cream. I just don't adore the $50 price tag!:whistle:

I would like to try to create a candle in this fragrance (I think she actually has a candle that goes with it too) and maybe eventually a b&b product.

The description on the box says it contains creamy pistachio nuts combined with almond, praline and hazelnut with freshly whipped cream.

So my question is if anyone has tried either of these two do you think they would be in this category and blend well with some of these other fragrances.

I saw that someone has a pistachio pineapple pie or something like that and I don't think that would go well.

If anyone knows of another pistachio fo that I might be missing please share!

I have never tried the one you are trying to copy in the souffle scent, but I have Daystars Ille Fottaine .. Its A beautiful Fragrance rich but light and fluffy at the same time If that makes sense. I sounds alot like what you are trying to make.Anyone who has smelled it has really liked it. I also have the Pistachio Ice Cream.. its okay,but not like the Ile Fottaine to me. I do have several Ounces of that left, but I dont use it anymore.

Sorry Im not of much help!

Edited by Marisa

There's an eBay seller I've bought from before that has a Pistachio Panache FO now, the description says "A creamy aroma of sweet rich vanilla, whipped cream and pistachios." Her eBay store is named JosiesAtticCandlesandSupplies, but her name is not Josie! ;)

I admire your effort in trying to recreate one of LM B&B scents, I've been searching for a Clementine FO to try to recreate a discontinued scent from her line!:cry2:

Thanks mzpickles.

I admire your effort in trying to recreate one of LM B&B scents, I've been searching for a Clementine FO to try to recreate a discontinued scent from her line!:cry2:

I have no idea if I'll even get close but thought it was worth a try!;)

I have no idea if I'll even get close but thought it was worth a try!;)

Hey Avi Girl! I was inspired by your pistachio desire, at the time you posted this I'd already ordered the Pistachio Dream Cake from Backwoods, it's since came in and I also bought a small travel tube of the Creme de Pistache on eBay to try (I'd always wanted to, just hadn't yet!). Well I think you can do it with that, I did the q-tip mixing trial, used one q-tip of the Pistachio Dream Cake and one from a misc. Whipped Cream FO (also from eBay so I don't know the supplier) and it's very, very close! If I get around to it this weekend I may do a mix and pour me a candle! ;)

Thanks for the replies! I checked JS after you guys mentioned it and I don't think she has it anymore. However I am very encouraged about your results mzpickles. I hope it works in the candle and I am glad you were inspired and tried it. I think I'll try to work on ordering some pistachio FO myself this next week!:yay:

There's an eBay seller I've bought from before that has a Pistachio Panache FO now, the description says "A creamy aroma of sweet rich vanilla, whipped cream and pistachios." Her eBay store is named JosiesAtticCandlesandSupplies, but her name is not Josie! ;)

Also Josies on ebay has some really nice oils and I have had alot of success with finding special requests that customers have through her!

Has gemlights quality gone up?

I had issues years ago with this company on strength I always thought they really diluted

I'm not even sure they're still in business. I tried checking out their website after I read funkymonkey's post and only found a link to another website, taylorbeanscents. That site has a pistachio fo but I have no idea if it's the same company, or if another company bought them out.:(

Edited by mzpickles

I received my daystar samples and the ile flottante isn't quite the pistachio I had in mind although I think it will be a nice fragrance. Just noticed tonight that they have pistachio ice cream back again. Bummer since I just ordered this week.

I plan to try out these other suggestions though to see what I can come up with!

Just noticed tonight that they have pistachio ice cream back again. Bummer since I just ordered this week.

I plan to try out these other suggestions though to see what I can come up with!

OMG Avi Girl!! I made the Pistachio Dream Cake/Whipped Cream candles today and I am in lurve! I've only had a couple of scents that just frickin' knocked my socks off when I was pouring, this is one of them! It's pretty darn close to the LM pistachio scent, I think you'll like it! :drool:

The eBay seller that had the Whipped Cream FO was LaCrissa's Candles, I haven't asked her what supplier she gets her FOs from though. I think I'm safe in assuming that any seller on eBay is getting their FOs from the same suppliers that are listed on this forum?

mzpickles I am SO excited about your results. I love, love, love that cream from LM. I am going to order some of the pistachio dream cake oil this week (probably tonight-ha ha). I have some whipped cream from BC but was never crazy about it but maybe it will work well with this mixture. I'll also do a search of who has whipped cream FO. I am sure your right that most ebay sellers probably get their FO from the major places we do.:yay::yay::yay:

SC's has a Clementine FO, I have been eyeing. The Flash point is 145.

Check them out.

Kyme

SC's has a Clementine FO, I have been eyeing. The Flash point is 145.

Check them out.

Kyme

Thank you Kyme! I have that one on my wish list now! I did find a nice one on clearance at Daystar, it's very soft and has a nice green note to it. It needs a bit of something extra to be like the Laura Mercier Clementine though, those products had a spicy note that I can only describe as cinnamony, plus a musky sort of dry down on the skin. I tried NG's Clementine and it was a bust, very candy like, not fruity at all. :(

Edited by mzpickles

Thank you Kyme! I have that one on my wish list now! I did find a nice one on clearance at Daystar, it's very soft and has a nice green note to it. It needs a bit of something extra to be like the Laura Mercier Clementine though, those products had a spicy note that I can only describe as cinnamony, plus a musky sort of dry down on the skin. I tried NG's Clementine and it was a bust, very candy like, not fruity at all. :(

I love SC's, they are pricey but intoxicating. I have a list prepared for my next order, that one is on it. Plus a few others....LOL

Did gemlite really go out of business? I had a horrible transaction with them a few months ago- just horrible. I agree that their oils are seriously hit or miss. However, they had fantastic pistachio and patchouli oils. Those are the only scents that I constantly used from them. Did Taylorbeanscents buy Gemlite? I think that Taylorbean scents oils are very diluted. But if they have the Gemlite pistachio, I will get it.

Did gemlite really go out of business? I had a horrible transaction with them a few months ago- just horrible. I agree that their oils are seriously hit or miss. However, they had fantastic pistachio and patchouli oils. Those are the only scents that I constantly used from them. Did Taylorbeanscents buy Gemlite? I think that Taylorbean scents oils are very diluted. But if they have the Gemlite pistachio, I will get it.

Since I'm new to most of these companies I have no idea if Taylorbeanscents even existed before Gemlite ended? And while TBS has a pistachio oil, I guess there's no guarantee that it's the same as the Gemlite. It makes my head hurt.

:Werd:

I ordered a small pistachio from Taylorbeanscents today along with a couple of other oils- just to see. I can tell in a flash if this is the same pistachio. Pistachio has a strong almond note to it with something else in it that I cannot identify- other than it screams pistachio.

Funkymonkey66, I would not purchase from an ebay seller with 18 feedback. I would wait to see what happens first. I have been burned by low feedback sellers. That seller has A LOT listed already with nice graphics. Kind of "experienced"- if you know what I mean. It could be a crappy seller under a new name. I have seen this before and only time will tell. JMO!

Edited by Noodle

mzpickles I am SO excited about your results. I love, love, love that cream from LM. I am going to order some of the pistachio dream cake oil this week (probably tonight-ha ha). I have some whipped cream from BC but was never crazy about it but maybe it will work well with this mixture. I'll also do a search of who has whipped cream FO. I am sure your right that most ebay sellers probably get their FO from the major places we do.:yay::yay::yay:

Aroma Haven has a really good Whipped Cream.