Spring Melts

I'll be in the April sampler boxes of both Out of the Box and The Little Black Box. I'm sending in these fun shapes; butterflies, dragonflies, birdhouses and flowers. Not sure what other scents I'll be sending yet but for now I have these made up and ready to go. Green is Green Tea & Lemongrass, Pink is White Tea & Berries, Purple is Bumbleberry.

Thanks for looking!

Jennifer

post-10999-139458464667_thumb.jpg

Very pretty!

Silly question tho...how are you planning on packaging them? The reason I ask is that I had gotten a box to see what it typically is like when the end customer gets it and some of the stuff got a bit banged around in transit(ex. wonderfully yummy dipped pretzel rods were shattered in a bunch of pieces, etc). If you are bagging them I would be afraid the dragon fly tails might get broken, which would be a shame because they are totally adorable!

Just a thought because presentation is important in making a great first impression.

Hmmm, that is a good point. I was planning to bag them, 3-4 to a bag, depending on the item. I did not think about tails breaking. I have hang tang type tags to close up the package, so they do look pretty nice but won't if they come in pieces. :(

If anybody has an idea to prevent that, please share!

Those are cute! Ditto on the dragonfly tails. I'd send the others but not the dragonfly. You don't want potential customers seeing broken tarts in pieces.

Saw this one after I posted above. I was thinking that as well...maybe not sending the dragonflies but having them available on my site where I can protect them in bubble wrap when I ship them.

:( Sure enough! My BF is at the house and picked one up to test the tail strength. Called me to tell me it snapped clean in two. So as cute as they are I won't be sending them in the April boxes.

So I can wrap the packaging in bubble wrap for orders if I sell them from the site, or I was just thinking about maybe a small box with crinkle paper inside to protect them? Would that be enough protection?

I like those!

On the dragonflies, could you stack them atop one another then gently, and put a Popsicle stick between each one, then secure them with twine or ribbon? I'm thinking that might give them the reinforcement needed to be safely packaged for display, and with a padded box might survive shipping.

I love the dragonflies too. Kills me to not be sending them this month.

Scifichik, I could pack them for sure to get there in one piece. But the outgoing boxes is where the primary problem is. I will look at the popsicle stick idea but I think it will mess up the surface of those underneath...Could do bottom to bottom I guess?

What I'm thinking about doing is to go ahead and make up the dragonflies anyway, because I'm also committed to OOTB for May. Send the butterflies, birdhouses, and flowers for April in the bags as I had planned. Then in May only send the dragonflies. I found some inexpensive boxes at papermart and I will put in the crinkle paper at the bottom, add the dragonflies, then a little more crinkle paper at the top. This should protect the tails when the package starts getting banged around.

This way I can be happy because I can still send in my dragonflies, and I can be happy because I'm not doing two different kinds of packaging in the same month. :D

the crinkle paper is a really good idea, ironically I just got through watching some You tube videos of people opening their packages from one of our members site. On both videos the people were really impressed with the box being packed with brightly colored crinkle paper, thank you note etc...packaging is so important. Not only for shipping but the "event" of opening up the packages.

Kyme

I have decided I would like to do a few "test shipments" using these three packaging ideas - the original bag I was planning to use, the box with crinkle paper I ordered in, and the cardboard with shrink wrap idea that came in after I ordered the boxes with crinkle paper! :laugh2:

You will have to pay for the shipping to be part of this test. If you are interested, PM me and I will provide the additional terms. If you accept those terms you will receive the dragonflies next week. Participant spaces are limited.

Thank you for your interest.

Jennifer

It is not three melts, actually. :) It would be 3 packages. My original bag was going to have 3 melts in it. The box I am getting in at the end of the week, I am hoping to get 3 in there as well. With the crinkle paper for protection I may only be able to fit two. The cardboard/tissue paper/shrink wrap, my plan is for 3 in there as well.

I responded to cost concerns in the off topic section already, so I won't repeat that portion here.

Thank you.