New pillar wax price too high

I have a new pillar wax I have been testing. I really love it, it is so different from the other natural pillar wax I have used. But for the case rate and shipping I will be paying close to $3.5 per pound. Which means I am going to be paying almost 2x what I have been. And making my goal of wholeselling my candles even further away.

I'm wondering if there is a way to find out who they get this wax from so I may be able to get it cheaper. I'm assuming this distributor is not going to flat out tell where they get their wax from. There is no brand name they use for the wax, just a number.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get this wax cheaper?

Check out this site (link below), specifically their SP483P, bet it is the same wax. Yes, they are expensive waxes. I really liked their crystalizing waxes. You could always contact them and request samples, they will send them for free for you to test. I have only seen one other vendor that sells any of their waxes, and it is www.candlesandsupplies.com , but they only sell the crystalizing waxes, not their smooth blends. When you contact them, you could always see if they have anyone distributing the waxes in your area. Hope that helps.

http://www.spwax.com/datasht.htm

Thanks for the manufacturer website. I will definitely check in to their smooth natural wax for prices and local suppliers, too bad today is Friday. It sounds like the one I've been testing, the last three numbers match. It handles a lot like paraffin and there is no soy in it. This is exactly the help I was hoping to find by posting.:cheesy2: I'm totally excited now!!

Have you used the feathering palm wax on the other website you gave me? I have the one from candlewic and it doesn't look like this one when it is finished. I like mine but this one is really cool. Oh no ANOTHER wax to try.

If it is them you can buy by the case from them. They are in the north East, I think. I have bought a couple of cases of this wax from them. Where are you located?

I'm in San Diego. I always pay through the nose for shipping. I can hardly wait until Monday to call them.

Thanks for the manufacturer website. I will definitely check in to their smooth natural wax for prices and local suppliers, too bad today is Friday. It sounds like the one I've been testing, the last three numbers match. It handles a lot like paraffin and there is no soy in it. This is exactly the help I was hoping to find by posting.:cheesy2: I'm totally excited now!!

Have you used the feathering palm wax on the other website you gave me? I have the one from candlewic and it doesn't look like this one when it is finished. I like mine but this one is really cool. Oh no ANOTHER wax to try.

That other wax, the crystalizing looking one is also made by them. I have tested it on and off. It really doesn't throw too bad and it is very pretty. If I could get it cheaper, I would probably test it more. But it is pretty pricey and the shipping would kill me here to Texas.

To me it was easier to wick than the palm and was prettier. It didn't have that crayon smell that the palms seem to have. It threw pretty well too, but I only tried a few FO's in it. It has been so long since I have worked with it. Hated to get too hooked on something that was going to cost out the wazoo to buy and have shipped. I am not sure that they have many suppliers. You might e-mail them and ask. They were pretty good about responding to me. They sent me bags of the smooth and the crystal blends for both the container and pillar. Didn't play with the pillar blends.

Here is a picture of one I posted on the old board of the crystalizing wax.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1111368944;start=0#0

That's really pretty. I thought about using the palm for containers but I like them as pillars so much.

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=All%2DNatural+Waxes&product%5Fid=WAX%2DFP

This is the crystal wax I thought you were talking about before. I really want to try this now.

Oh please you guys! Don't get me started thinking about making pillars! Esp. those pretty looking pillars you are talking about! And please don't tell me if they have any kind of a hot throw. And that I'm not too far for shipping. To quote others: mmmmm..I'm plugging my ears and covering my eyes! :P

LOL Marilyn! It really is a pretty wax. I know what you mean though. Everytime someone tells me about a new wax nowadays, I have to plug my ears too. I have so many sample bags of wax here, it is hard to keep them all straight. But didn't want to pursue this wax because of the cost and the shipping. Wish S & P had more distributers of this wax around the U.S. Might be worth it if I didn't have to pay as much to ship it as I did for the box of wax.

Oh please you guys! Don't get me started thinking about making pillars! Esp. those pretty looking pillars you are talking about! And please don't tell me if they have any kind of a hot throw. And that I'm not too far for shipping. To quote others: mmmmm..I'm plugging my ears and covering my eyes! :P

Sorry Marilyn, my samples are piling up too. But I think I have to give in to trying this one. They look like they could be too creative not to play with. My regular Feather Palm isn't too bad for hot throw, but I don't know about this one. I don't load them up, I'm more interested in the appearance of these than smell.

It is a beautiful wax, you won't be disappointed in its appearance. I would also recommend a jar that does not taper down, like those square ones that Walmart sells. For some reason, it doesn't show the effects where the glass is thicker. I would also try some of your stronger scents, since you are limited by the percentage you can use in it. The weaker ones probably won't do as well, as it is with most of the soy waxes as well. I tried one with Ginger Peach in it, and it just didn't throw as well as it does in my soy, but the Jasmine really threw. Good luck :)

Which beautiful wax are you referring to, S&P or the one from Candlesandsupplies? I was trying to follow your conversations! The one from CandS was easier to wick? ahem, not that I'm interested...

I'm referring to the one pictured in the link from C&S. That's good to hear it is easy to wick. Do you happen to remember which wicks worked. I know, your not REALLY interested - hehe:cheesy2:

They said LX and RRD wicks were recommended. When I was trying out soy pillars a few years ago they did work good. I am just going to have to try this! I'm ready for something new now anyway. Doesn't pay to stay in a rut... Good logic! Well it's after midnight here and I'm getting sleepy. I'll go dream about feathery pillars!

Something I learned about shipping from S&P. If you have your own shipping account: UPS, FedEx, DHL, just give them YOUR shipping account number and the shipping cost is practically cut in half. I learned this the hard way. I called S&P about the HIGH shipping cost, and they informed me of the above information. Now, I ask all companies about their shipping rates and how they process it to make sure I am getting the best rate possible. HTH

Something I learned about shipping from S&P. If you have your own shipping account: UPS, FedEx, DHL, just give them YOUR shipping account number and the shipping cost is practically cut in half. I learned this the hard way. I called S&P about the HIGH shipping cost, and they informed me of the above information. Now, I ask all companies about their shipping rates and how they process it to make sure I am getting the best rate possible. HTH

Thanks so much for this tip. I'll check into this.

They said LX and RRD wicks were recommended. When I was trying out soy pillars a few years ago they did work good. I am just going to have to try this! I'm ready for something new now anyway. Doesn't pay to stay in a rut... Good logic! Well it's after midnight here and I'm getting sleepy. I'll go dream about feathery pillars!

I use LX and RRD for my other pillars but I haven't had any luck with them for my palms. Maybe this type will be different.

BTW You can run but you can't hide from trying new waxes. Now your hookedsanta chee

It does not hug. I have heard the optimum wicking for palm is to create a thin shell so that the candle kind of glows when it is lit. That is what candlewic told me when I was inquiring about wicking their wax.

Let me know if you try it.