Bubble Bars!!

LuminousBoutique

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I tried these and hate them already!! How do you get them out of the blasted molds??? I used mini muffin tins and they won't come out. I tried liners and they look horrid. I tried a measuring cup like Luminous and they won't come out. I used the recipe she posted as a starting point and I NEED HELP!! :tongue2:

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong??

Ok, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I tried these and hate them already!! How do you get them out of the blasted molds??? I used mini muffin tins and they won't come out. I tried liners and they look horrid. I tried a measuring cup like Luminous and they won't come out. I used the recipe she posted as a starting point and I NEED HELP!! :tongue2:

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong??

PM'ed you, hope they come out for you! I havent had a problem with them sticking before

I tried making these, but i'm from the uk and not used to working in cup measurments. I think i must of over estimated the glycerine or under estimated the dry ingredients, because they kept their really wet dough consistency, and weeks later have never dried out.

Next time someone makes them would you be able to see what the quantities are in grams so that i can try again but this time weigh them. Thankyou.

I tried making these, but i'm from the uk and not used to working in cup measurments. I think i must of over estimated the glycerine or under estimated the dry ingredients, because they kept their really wet dough consistency, and weeks later have never dried out.

Next time someone makes them would you be able to see what the quantities are in grams so that i can try again but this time weigh them. Thankyou.

I looked up a conversion chart for you so hopefully it is not way off. This is for the final attempt one that Luminous did.

1/2 cup cream of tartar - 113.4 grams - 6.40 UK TBLS

1/2 cup corn starch - 113.4 grams - 6.40 UK TBLS

1 cup baking soda - 228.6 grams - 12.80 UK TBLS

1/4 cup SLSA - 56.7 grams - 3.2 UK TBLS

1/3 cup glycerin (or hydrovance) - 70.96 milliliter - 4.2 UK TBLS

If you search online for a conversion chart, you should be able to find something that will work for you. That is what I did so I hope this works a little better for you.

yeah weeks later is not common... for example I left the ones I made on the 11th out on my drying rack.. they are hard to the touch (on the outside) but if you break it in half, the center is still slightly soft, but not "wet" or "damp" feeling.

I suspect these could be slightly affected by local humidity, we have VERY low humidity here (high desert), but not so much that weeks later they would still be doughy.

I should add, again.. that the 1/3 cup of glycerin really is a GUIDELINE, and guideline only. Sometimes it will take less, other times it will take more. I add it slowly, I dont just dump it all in... it really is a you know its right when you feel its right kind of thing, practice makes perfect with this recipe. Just like bath bombs... I could never give my bath bomb recipe to anyone because it slightly changes every time, sometimes it needs more oil... sometimes less... you just know its right when you know.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

• 1 month later...

SLS and SLSA are 2 totally different products but serve the same purpose. BUBBLES. DO NOT confuse the 2. I have explained them in the cream of tartar co-op. SLSA = sodium lauryl sulfoacetate is powder and is gentle to the skin

SLS=sodium lauryl sulfate and is a liquid and is more harsh to the skin.

heres the link

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90679&page=7

I figured everyone was aware of that, and that I made it clear its the powdered kind in the recipes. sorry if anyone didnt understand, I *PERSONALLY* just call it SLS, because the first letter of each word is SLS. I've never bought or used the liquid SLS, so I dont even think about it.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

Yup, you clearified right in this post. :P

Yes- same thing, the powdered SLS, I dont always type the A, its Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate - http://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Sodium-Lauryl-Sulfoacetate.html

Sharon seemed a little confused so I figured it would help her if I explained each product a little. Shoot, a couple months ago I wouldnt have known the difference either. I researched the crap out of SLS cause it is so much cheaper than SLSA. Sadly it just cant stand up to SLSA *SIGH*

Yup, you clearified right in this post. :P

Sharon seemed a little confused so I figured it would help her if I explained each product a little. Shoot, a couple months ago I wouldnt have known the difference either. I researched the crap out of SLS cause it is so much cheaper than SLSA. Sadly it just cant stand up to SLSA *SIGH*

That's just great, I bought the crap. What is it good for.

Sharon, I am sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I didnt mean you CANT use the SLS in bubble bars. You can and I do. I just didnt want you to go and get all your ingredients together then add a cup of SLS. AAkkk! That would have been a mess. SLS is used in tbls. I use like 2 tbls right now compared to 3/4 cups of SLSA and my other ingredients.

Luminous also has some great things listed in her post that you can add SLS to. Yes, it can be added to M&P. I havent tried that yet but in my research I recall seeing that, I just dont remember how much. :wink2: I bought a gallon of SLS and wonder when I will ever make a dent in it cuz its used in such small quantity but the price was right.

Thanks for all the info, I'll make something with it. Add a little here and there. But I really want to get the SLSa to put in some bubble bars. Thanks again.

Hi Sharon,

I have some extras that I got when I did the SLSA co-op for anyone who missed it. If you need some, let me know!!

SLS is not some terrible ingredient, and used properly it's not irritating for most. SLSa is more gentle.

I can understand why you got mixed around. Lots of words have the same beginning and yet when spelled out have completely different meanings.

• 4 weeks later...