What Scents compliment Unrefined Shea

maryann

A few of us that bought the unrefined shea were wondering what scents go well with the natural scent of it. I know in other posts people have said this shea's scent is mild but I find it to be strong! and it seems like its going to take alot of FO to cover it. I don't want to debate or upset anyone as I do LUV the results from it just not crazy about the natural odor. I just can't place what scent would mix well w/ it w/out clashing! TIA :)

I simply measure both f.o.s and e.o.s by the capful. My lemongrass & sage works beautifully. I whip about 1lb of shea and it usually takes 2 capfuls and the "nutty" smell is gone. My gardenia actually takes less than that because it's very strong. When I add lavender e.o., just a few drops is all I need. So I guess in essence just keeping testing to see what level you can achieve without adding too much. HTH

:embarasse Do you mean coconut oil when making the whipped shea or an FO that has coconut in it? If you didn't mean the oil do you think that'll help besides using a coconut FO? TIA:)

TB did the whipped shea you sent have Lavender EO in it? If so I couldn't smell it at all maybe adding a bit more will help. Does anyone find when using EO's that the scent don't stay in the product as long as FO's do (I have, am I crazy).