olive oil and avocado oil recipe?

Handmade

Olive and avocado are pretty much the same type of oil. You can substitute a portion of avocado oil in any recipe that includes olive oil.

Palm oil is the hard version of olive oil and should be included for balance if you are making a vegetable oil soap.

Coconut oil would be good to include for some bubbles.

Therefore, a simple and nicely balanced recipe would be as follows:

Coconut Oil 30%

Palm Oil 40%

Olive Oil 20%

Avocado Oil 10%

Google is your friend. There's also a recipe section that might have some recipes that interest you. Once you find a recipe, run the numbers and go from there. Once you become comfortable with a recipe, you can tweak it to more personalize it.

You could also try designing your own recipe to better fit what type of soap you are wanting to make.

RBO is a good sub for Olive Oil. Personally, I'd save the avocado oil for other applications.

Personally, I'd save the avocado oil for other applications.

I agree.. the only time I use Avocado in soap is liquid soap (and even then its only 5%) and when I make salt bars I use a combo of Coconut, Avocado and Shea butter. Again a small amount of avocado oil. You can make a GREAT bar of soap without using luxury oils in large amounts. One of my favorite bars and best rated with testers uses NO luxury oils!

• 2 weeks later...

Avocado Oil

For soap making, we recommend avocado oil. Avocado Oil is rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, D, and E as well as amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin, and other essential fatty acids. Avocado Oil is great for those with skin ailments such as eczema, psoriasis, and other skin problems.

AvocadoFlower.jpgAvocado oil is a relatively thick and rich oil that may be diluted with other carrier oils to improve its consistency. Avocado oil is for people with sensitive or problem skin as well as other irritations that require vitamin rich oil.

Even though the Avocado is officially a vegetable oil, it is really a fruit because it has a stone. It can yield as much as 30% oil. Avocado oil penetrates into the deep skin tissue, nourishing, enriching and revitalizing the skin.

Since avocado oil easily absorbs into deep tissue with its wonderful emollient properties, it is ideal for mature skins as well as helping to relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis, eczema and other skin ailments.The crude Avocado oil is green in color as it still contains chlorophyll thus it is classified as a mono-unsaturated oil.

AvocadoOil.jpgThroughout history avocado oil has been renowned to have healing and regenerating properties. It is very useful when treating sun, climate or chemical damaged skin that is dehydrated and undernourished. It is reported to help regenerate and rejuvenate the skin as well as soften the skin tissue. Avocado oil is well known as a nutrient for penetrating dry skin and resolving other skin problems.

Since avocado Oil has a high percentage of unsaponifiables, it an excellent oil to use in soap making.

That one is from Columbus Foods. I use it all the time and love it in my soap. I would be happy to give you a couple of really good recipes at a later date. HTH

Steve

Interesting. As a new soaper, I have been gathering recipes to tweak and experiment with. I too see lots of recipes with Avocado and wanted to try it as it's toted to be so nice. It's good to hear about others experiences/opinions!

Its not that you can't use avocado oil or that it does not make a nice soap. I use it in one of my spa bar recipes. But, you can make just as nice of a soap using cheaper oils as you can using the more expensive oils like AO. Alot of the fancier oils don't do anything special that a cheap oil won't do to the soap but it adds alot of label appeal. Once you become more familiar with soaping and the oils used, you will learn how to interchange your oils with cheaper ones and still make an awesome bar of soap.

Here's one that was sent to me by a secret buddy years ago and I have always kept it the same. When using high Olive oil, the avocado and cocoa butter, really help with the creaminess, and the coconut oil helps harden it up. Adding the little bit of castor adds some bigger bubbles. This is a great one.

65.62% Olive Oil

15.62% Coconut Oil

9.38% Avocado Oil

3.13% Cocoa Butter

6.25% Castor Oil

• 1 year later...

In skin care, the two major advantages of the avocado are its marked softening and soothing nature and its notable absorption. Compared with almond, corn and olive and soybean oils, avocado oil had the highest skin penetration rate.