What A Seriously Bad Batch Looks Like

eugenia

I've been soaping for more than two years and never saw the likes of this. This is CP that was cooked in the oven for 2 hours at 175, then left for 24 hours. Imagine my surprise when I peeled the paper off and all the goo oozed out. Thought it was interesting enough to share.

e

badbatch.jpg

Ewwwwww, lol. Sorry Eugenia, that's really the pits. That would surprise me too. I remember seeing a pic like that somewhere, but don't know what would cause it. Is it oil separation?

No, more like cherry pie filling. It's as if it did not reach trace but it was THICK. The soap fairies are back. I have no idea what's going on latley. I will rebatch this baby and post pics. I'm confident I can save it. Just need to let the pie part dry up a bit. In a day or too I'll tackle it again.

e

OMG e, you should rename it "bleeding Heart". I know you have been having the worst luck lately. And that's just what it is bad luck. Only thing I can think of is Too much heat. Perhaps that in combination with the FO if it was a new one for you. The only time I have any trouble with gooey batches were when I let them get too hot.

What do you mean? It is BEAUTIFUL!!

Kidding. :P Dang, what the heck? I had a gooey soap once and it was just that I went to cut it too soon. But jease, after oven and sitting it should be done. Bah. Yanno, I think it might have been still gelling. New FO?

E...I had that happen on my second batch of saop...but mine turned a lovely flourecent pink and yellow. Oh I feel for ya!

LOL oh yessss, those are so your colours! lol yikes that sucks!

Hey e, you sure you didnt actually mixed cherry pie accidently with that batch of soap when u toss it in the oven??!! :rolleyes:

geez sorry the faeries are back. Not experienced enough to know what happened. Just looks like a sideways volcano to me :eek:

I had a gooey soap once and it was just that I went to cut it too soon. But jease, after oven and sitting it should be done. Bah. Yanno, I think it might have been still gelling. New FO?

Yes, it was a new FO, Heart's Desire, a pretty floral that gave me no troubles in the pot. When I took this one out of the oven (after being in there with the heat off for 24 hours), if was still pretty warm. It was my intent to peel down the sides to let it cool some more before cutting as the top looked firm. As you can see, that did not quite work out. :(

At any rate, the goo is all solid this morning. I will rebatch it as soon as I can. We are having a serious heatwave here with power cut backs and neither the crockpot nor the microwave are looking like good ideas at the moment; even the tv's were flickering last night.

e

Thank goodness for rebatches!! Your post brought back a memory of a vanilla soap that I had a similar issue with, the middle was still gel. But all was good after I let it set. I was grossed/weirded out by it, though, at first.

this happened to me once..It looked worst then that..I think I had the wrong ratio of lye(to little lye two much oil)..Now,think I'll go have coffee an some cherry pie..Take care...Please,post pictures....of rebatch..Linda