Made My First Candles!

Whew! Just got done pouring my first candles! I felt like a chicken with my head cut off during most of it, cause of course I was super excited and totally forgot to get everything ready BEFORE I started melting. So then I was trying to label my jars with which wick they had, measure out my FO, AND keep an eye on the wax. They're cooling right now (hurry UP!) but I'm going to post some pictures when I'm ready to start the burn tests! Wish me luck!

Oh, and used straight C3, no additives, no dye, Bert's Hawaiian Rain, and 12.5 oz Libbey tumblers.

Congratulations and good luck. I just wanted to mention I think it's very good that you started simple. Some people throw in every additive they've heard of right off the bat and spend weeks (months?) sorting things out. C3 is a pre-blend anyway and you may not need to add anything. How much FO are you testing with?

Congrats! I have been making candles for many years and I use C3. I don't add a bunch of stuff to it because it serves me well as is. The libbey jars are nice. I use the small ones for a change once in a while.

Like Top said, keep it simple and you will understand your wax, your container and your burn much better than if you "mix and match." Save playing around for later after you understand what you are looking for.

Please post pics for us. We love to see other people's stuff!