"Nipples" on top of votives

If you're selling them, then aesthetically it might be bothersome..... In my experience, my friends and family have said that the fact that they aren't as flat as "another candle co.'s" candles, makes them more "artistic" and pleasing. Whatever..... And to be honest, once they're lit, it's no time before all that doesn't matter.

I didn't use to have much problem with them until recently. I play in the wax in my garage and since the temperature has taken a nose dive, it's gotten worse. Even with my kerosene heater out there :embarasse I may be wrong but it seems to be worse when it's cold. Almost like the wick pin chills too fast and makes the nipple before the rest has finished cooling. I don't do my repours any sooner than I ever have, sometimes the next day and it still happens. If I had a clue how to fix it, other than bringing summer back, I'd tell ya :rolleyes2

Added: thinking on this... There has been accasions where I've poured the wax too hot. Really, it might've just been steam coming from the wax, not smoke :shocked2: but it was definately too hot. It sank much more, creating a deeper well to fill with the repour. Which in turn sank as well. So, possibly pouring a bit cooler? Chalk up one more experiment to my list to try :rolleyes2