Tkb colorants.

*Dee*

With liquid dyes you use a dropper. I find 1-3 drops of dye per lb is all I need for most colors. With a powdered mica I start out with 1/4 tsp per lb. You will have to experiment with your powder/liquid dyes. All soap bases don't color the same and some may need more or less dye than others.

i start with 1/4 tsp too. i use essentials by catalina base, and they color it beautifully, you can mix the powder mica into castor or glycerin, or take a little melted soap out and mix it until there are no clumps. If im making a big batch i just sprinkle it on the unmelted soap and then burst for 30 secs stir, burst until its all mixed in, if i want the color to be darker i add another 1/4 tsp.

i do believe the pop micas are eye, lip, body safe and not to mention i love the shimmer they give off in the soap.

I've got the purple, yellow, orange, strawberry, and raspberry POP colors. I am also using them in my lip balm making. They work great in that!

I also found that when working with the powders that once you have stirred them into your melted base you want to pop your base into the microwave for a short burst. It helps blend in those last stubborn bits of powder that just don't want to blend in.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone that is using the pop micas from TKB tell me how long the 1 oz samples will last.

I was thinking about ordering the Pop Sample Pack that comes with Blueberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, Lemon Drop, Grape, Tangerine and Apple Green. I was going to get the 1 oz size of each and I was wondering how long 1 oz would last me.

And also do you guys use the black mica or the Pearl White Mica? If so how did you guys like them?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!!