Pricing Question

Stella1952

I'm curious...

Those of you who sell from your own shop locally & online - do you charge the same retail prices for your stuff at both places?

If you charge different prices, at which venue (shop or online) do you charge more and how much do you *bump* the prices (%)?

What's your reasoning behind your decision? :)

I advertise a flat rate shipping of $3.95 up front. Then I add from $.50 to $1.00 on every item on my website to cover the difference in shipping and handling. Have never had anyone complain about the differences. Actually have never had anyone mention it.

All of my prices are even numbers which for local shows includes the tax. The tax is added in on my website at checkout.

Don't have a shop but sell locally at shows and markets and online. I often sell at a lower price for local.

Online I sell items full price because shipping and shipping supplies get pricey. I also periodically have online sales that I offer coupons or shipping discounts.

When I sell to local shops or B&Bs etc. I sell items at my retailers/wholesale price and they can charge anything they like.

We sell online at the recommended price that we suggest to retailers, but this is more to pacify them rather than chasing any extra profit, as they do tend to get upset if they see you undercutting them online. They can decide themselves what they want to charge, its up to them.

We have a standard wholesale price that we sell for, and our market & party plan price floats somewhere in between wholesale and retail.

Don't have a shop but sell locally at shows and markets and online. I often sell at a lower price for local.

Online I sell items full price because shipping and shipping supplies get pricey. I also periodically have online sales that I offer coupons or shipping discounts.

When I sell to local shops or B&Bs etc. I sell items at my retailers/wholesale price and they can charge anything they like.

I do have a shop, but don't sell at shows and markets, otherwise, I do the same as Candybee