Anyone have a increase in soy cost????

Well, I called today to order more soy wax and the cost went from $45 per case to $75 per case!!! That isnt including what it costs to ship on top of that! I am sooooooo aggravated! I already changed my wax once to accomodate product cost/ shipping cost and now I have to do it AGAIN! So, does anyone in ohio know of a supplier w/ soy wax that is comparable to gw 444??? I did alot of research when I had to switch the last time, so I am going to to back to my notes and see what I had down, but if prices have changed that much, I am pretty much back to point A at this time! Ok, well I am done complaining now! I just wondered if soy wax increased in price across the board for all suppliers????

Natural Soy 444 Wax: 1 - 4 cases

Natural Soy 444 Wax - 50 pound case - Flakes: 1 - 4 cases, priced per case ($0.96 per pound) This is a good container blend with a 121-125 melt point that is blended with 2% of our Universal Soy Wax Additive. This wax can hold up to 15% Fragrance and has an incredible hot throw. You can also blend this with the 416 Soy wax to create beautiful tarts. $48.00

This is from the Candlemakers Store in Northern Cincinnati. Hope you can pick up.

I havent noticed the product costs going up but shipping sure has! I was about to place an order for a gross of my tumblers only to find the shipping cost was an additional 50% of the cost of the tumblers! Yikes! Took my tumblers from costing me .78 each to 1.17. At that price I might as well buy them from hobby lobby instead of order them by the case. Nuts! And shipping on my case of wax has gone up too. Its such a change that I am considering driving from SLC to Denver, CO to buy direct from Peaks.

Islandgirl, I tried to get on that site and did notice it was down, or atleast noticed something wasnt working right, LOL . I am def going to look into that, thank you for the heads up! At this pt, I am going to go to candlemaker store in ohio, its a an hr drive one way, BUT if i buy enough at one time, then its worth it and saves me $177 on the entire cost, I am figuring what I pay for jars/lids and wax. Shipping is what gets us!! There for a minute I thought I may have to quit making candles!! I just do it for a hobby, dont really mind not making $$$, but I sure as heck dont want it to COST me to make em!

Thank you to everyone for all the TIPS! Love this site! and everyone that makes it what it is!

I am going to go to candlemaker store in ohio, its a an hr drive one way, BUT if i buy enough at one time, then its worth it and saves me $177 on the entire cost, I am figuring what I pay for jars/lids and wax.

Sounds like that's is the way to go..

You can buy all your supplies while your there.

One stop shopping is the best...:cheesy2:

Candles and supplies is up running now..

Soy is running about $43.00 a case.

Call C&S and get a shipping quote and order via phone if you order from them. Then you know your shipping and total up front..

Don't rely on their shopping cart for shipping..

It's sometimes WAY off and on the high side..:rolleyes2

Well, I wanted to update this, my computer has been down, was beginning to have internet withdrawls, lol. So, anyway, I ended up going to Candlemakers store and buying 5 cases of 444 and 20 cases of jars/lids. So, we will see how long that lasts. The drive wasnt too bad. I think after I do it a few more times, it wont be too bad. I get really anxious about being on highways. So, just wanted to post a follow up to this. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

An hour drive is not bad. I wish I were that close to my supplier. I drive 3 1/2 hours one way to get to C&S in PA for wax supplies then swing down to Lancaster to Fillmore Containers for FOs and jars on my way back.

Its a full day trip but it really saves me a bundle on shipping costs and takes one full tank of gas. I'd rather pay for gas than shipping.

I drive 3 1/2 hours one way to get to C&S in PA for wax supplies then swing down to Lancaster to Fillmore Containers for FOs and jars on my way back.

I was just wondering why you don't get your jars at Candles and supplies as well. I just started ordering from them for my wax and jars.

I live in jersey and would love to take a ride there some day. They are much less on shipping then where I was getting my stuff . But I recently paid a lot on shipping. I got jars and wax and paid almost 200 on shipping . I almost dropped dead. Their shopping cart doesn't show shipping .

I drive 3 1/2 hours one way to get to C&S in PA for wax supplies then swing down to Lancaster to Fillmore Containers for FOs and jars on my way back.

I was just wondering why you don't get your jars at Candles and supplies as well. I just started ordering from them for my wax and jars.

I live in jersey and would love to take a ride there some day. They are much less on shipping then where I was getting my stuff . But I recently paid a lot on shipping. I got jars and wax and paid almost 200 on shipping . I almost dropped dead. Their shopping cart doesn't show shipping .

Fillmore has better prices IMO..

Candles & Supplies has great prices on wax.

But I always tell people if you order from them, call it in and get a shipping quote up front.

I have gotten charged outrageous shipping charges when ordering online.. :mad:

If you feel you paid to much in shipping. Email Cindy the owner, she is always helpful..:cheesy2: