Palm wax came in!!

Brat

These are pretty ugly, especially the short pillar in the back. I was bumped (bad puppy!) while doing the second pour, so the wax went along the shrunken edges. Anyway, I just love the look! Never knew brown and blue made green... kinda neat!

post-1603-139458386996_thumb.jpg

I love the looks of the feathering wax. I've only used the crystal. Just a thought.. have you tried gently trimming off the spilled overpour? I don't know if it would work as well with that kind, but mine seems to. I just rub my finger over the trimmed area real well afterwards and it kinda polishes it. Probably wouldn't work too well on a large area, but does great for small ones.

I used Natural Crystal Palm Wax from http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=All%2DNatural+Waxes&product%5Fid=WAX%2DCP . The wicks are LX 12 in the votives, LX 24 for the pillar. UPS just dropped them off this afternoon, so I HAD to try it! Since the pillar is just a tester, I might try to scrape it off, but when I make the real ones, I'll make sure puppy dog is in another room. Thanks for looking everyone! I think I might start using this wax more.. it's just so pretty!

I scented it Creme de la Creme, and I had given one to a woman at work. After she had it lit for a while, I smelled it before I got to her office, but it smelled slightly different than it did in the bottle. Seems to be good!

... I just love the look! Never knew brown and blue made green... kinda neat!

Must be a lot of yellow in brown. Good to know!

What I like most about the color is that it's a perfect shade to show the patterning of the palm. What I don't like is the color ... it's ever so faintly too muddy, even though it's just a tad, for my liking. I also think it has a bit of potential w/ some experimenting - blue, yellow, toothpick dipped in brown.

Look forward to seeing more of your pillars.

Those look really great! I am a BIG fan of the granite wax. During my Christmas show last week, I featured a 4 x 6 granite pillar with 3 different colors. People went crazy for it! I had 10 orders just for that particular candle! Besides the really cool look of it, it is so easy to use!