First Pillars

Took a while to make......most of a day, but really enjoyed the challenge. To date I had only used paraffin (votives, tarts and containers) with excellent success. I have to admit it was your pillars Richard that led me to trying palm. Many many different effects / results so far. Pillars made without layers and cooled, wrapped in towels and covered by a box, had the most wonderful crystalline designs. The layered ones a totally different look. The first ones burned great with just a bit of tunneling. Went up one wick size and have found a good match. Yes I am enjoying the wonders of Palm. thank you all for the knowledge and insight and inspirations to try different techniques and ideas. I really appreciate all I have gotten here on the board. Dave

Hey Dave, glad you have been inspired by looking at some of our stuff, however the credit for the pillars must go to my darling wife. She is the creative half of this team, while I do the testing and calculating type things, as well as pour jars. Guess we are pretty well balanced like that.

I see you've been playing Dave :)

Really nice colours there. Very peachy!

Isn't it just the greatest wax to experiment with?

At first I was a bit disappointed because I thought paraffin gave you more creative scope, but I'm happy now that I've learned just some of it's characteristics.

Best thing about it for us here with the incredible heat is that I can leave my palm pillars outside on a table (undercover) and they won't end up looking like the leaning tower of Pisa after a 40 degree day!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Palm wax. Have only used paraffin to date (Votives, Containers, Tarts) prior to these Pillars. Now I am playing with the Palm for Pillars and the GG Palm for Containers. It's different! I like it all. Just another way to spend all my money testing and learning. Still have not tried anything with soy...............Dave