Walmart Olive Oil!

LuminousBoutique

Not sure if this is where this should go but I just wanted to post that I went grocery shopping today and while all the LouAnns coconut oil was sold out, and has gone from 3.58 per container to 4.85... Walmart now has a GIANT bottle (101 oz) of Olive oil packaged under their great value namebrand. It was $17. something. I made a fool out of myself in the aisle doing something like this ----> :yay: and yelling *YES!!!* because Olive oil has been the bane of my soaping existence for years. I live only 40 miles from Majestic Mountain Sage but they dont carry Olive oil, and once you add shipping I figure I've been paying at least .25-30c an ounce for it from other suppliers. I am going to get a case from them next week, the guy I asked thought it was 6 in a case, so I figured I might as well stock up at that price!

Just wanted to pass on the good news for anyone looking for a decent price on it without having to have it shipped!

I wish our Walmart had a grocery department. It seems like people are always finding good deals at theirs.

Its been really hit or miss for me since they renovated ours... here in Utah we have "superwalmarts" and they recently renovated ours to be one of the new "shopper friendly" stores where everything is more defined and layed out better.. it seems like alot of products have been removed along with it though- and like the coconut oil, some prices have jumped like crazy.. where others have dropped! I'm pretty happy about the olive oil though, its cheaper than I could get it at Costco - without the membership.

I use the Wal Mart olive oil in all my recipes and have never had an issue. Coconut oil is $5.95 here too. I just buy it in an emergency if I run out, but it still sucks that it got so expensive.

One of the best deals I get around here is buying my sunflower oil at a Mexican grocery store. It's crazy cheap. It makes such a pretty white bar of soap and I have bars that are years old with no DOS.

~Julia