Wicking Tealites?

I was just curious as to how you all keep the wick from falling over when you pour tealites? I have been using toothpicks laid beside the wick, but sometimes when I pour just alittle too full, the toothpick makes an impression in the wax. Any other techniques? TIA Portia

I just stand my wicks up in the cup, and when the wax gets to the point where it is a little "congealed" I straighten the ones that are leaning. Some of them just stay straight on their own. I've also heard that you can wait until the wax starts to congeal in the cups and then insert the wicks. I haven't tried that myself. Your timing would have to be pretty accurate, or you would flaw the tops of the tea lights if you wait too long to insert the wick.

I hate tealights for this very reason. I glue my tabs in and then pour and try to straighten them before they harden too much. I always end up using my heatgun to flaten out the indentations left by the wicks leaning over. They are a royal pain in the a**.

I don't seem to have any trouble, just takes a little time and patience. Pour the wax, let it congeal just a slight slight bit...set the wick in in...blow on it for about 5 seconds to get it to hold the wick in place. If it bubbles and moves a bit, straighten it and immediately run the heat gun over the batch at medium speed and the bubbles and wrinkles melt away. It always works for me! Just got done making some just before saw this post. Good luck!

I give all of you credit for making tealights. My patience for those only consists of buying them at the store. I just had a customer inquire about tealights, and I told her I haven't got into that yet, and not really planning to. She was fine with that.

Me either but I do put a tealight in my burners. I just don't think it is worth me making them. I buy them from Big Lots as gerrie suggested awhile back. They are very good !!!!