Wall hanging from cushion covers.

Desertrose

Hi. This is my first post here but I have been taking a look at many of the things you guys are making and to be honest it's inspiring me to take a break from candles and get back to making more craft type stuff, which I love to do.

I'm not much of a sew - er really. I'm a bit slap dash "that'll do" :) but I'd bought a tonne of these cushion covers (four for $5) from the markets and really liked the patterns and colours so I thought I'd try and make a wall hanging from them (As I have TOO MANY cushions around the house as it is.)

I still have a tonne left over so I might make some runners....or something, lol.

Anyway, here's my first attempt at a wall hanging in a sort of moroccan type style (which is my thing....ethnic, indian/moroccan)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/Desertrose010/Wallhanging2.jpg

Edited by Desertrose

Thanks! :)

We rent (never could afford to buy a house with four kids) so it's always a challenge to make a house your "home" without doing anything too major.

This house is completely cream and rather devoid of personality and wasn't one we actually chose ourselves due to a move from interstate. My parents actually found it for us before we moved across from Perth.

It has many rooms but each is kinda small. It will do for a while though.

I forgot to mention that for the tassels ....they are actually Christmas decorations that I picked up. They WERE a bright bright red but I spray painted them a deep burgandy, removed the horrible red hanging tassels and replaced them with burgandy ones.

Tracy

Your bedroom colours sound nice :)

Nah, I couldn't sell them. I'm really not a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. My step mum (who always does things so "properly" but so beautifully!) I'm sure is going to pull a corner back and laugh knowingly at me when she see's how unfinished it is on the back, lol!

I'm really very sloppy......never even use pins or measure things half the time.

I will take more care though when I make one for my sister - actually put a back on it! :)

Tracy

Your bedroom colours sound nice :)

Nah, I couldn't sell them. I'm really not a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. My step mum (who always does things so "properly" but so beautifully!) I'm sure is going to pull a corner back and laugh knowingly at me when she see's how unfinished it is on the back, lol!

I'm really very sloppy......never even use pins or measure things half the time.

I will take more care though when I make one for my sister - actually put a back on it! :)

Tracy

I agree very nice room and wall hanging. How did you put them together? We have a Home Goods here that has very nice pillows and covers. Did you cut out the fronts and then stitch? When I retire from candles I want to get back into sewing, I miss it.

Ha! Well Sharon, to show how sloppy I really am....no, I didn't unpick the cushion covers (as I should have) and then used the fronts.

I simply sewed them all together as they were.

This is why I broke four sewing machine needles!

The next one I do for my sister I'm going to do properly and unpick them all. :)

Tracy