Discounts

joyofsoycandle

What kinds of discounts do you all offer when selling more than one of something. Like how much of a discount do you give for 1 dozen tarts, or 1 dozen votives, or so many jar candles.....I know it matter too on what your cost is, but just wanted some ideas on what kinds of discounts you all offer. thanks for your advice!

At shows, usually have a "buy so many, get so many free."

On my website, I usually take a percentage off the entire order if it exceeds a certain amount.

I have a Christmas show coming up, for instance, and my candles will be "Buy 3, get one free."

It helps to give discounts especially during the holiday season, because everyone likes to get a bargain, especially if they are spending all their money on presents! lol

I am not sure what you had in mind, but maybe that will give you an idea or two, hope that helps! :smiley2:

People do love the x for $ idea, I sell my soaps for $5 a bar or 5 for $20, the lotion bars are $6 or 3 for $15, Also, a great marketing technique is to never offer a even number of product, such as 4 candles for a certain price, always offer uneven numbers, it is more intriging (spelling) for some reason to the brain....

Getting ready to do my last show of the year.So will make up my sign today.I sometimes put that off as making candles etc but pretty stocked now.Only a few things to do.So there will be discounts and more discounts.

8 ounce JJ are $5.00 each or 3 for $12.00

Small tarts are $.60 each but if you buy more than 10 $.50 each

Muffin tarts(just making those) $1.00 each or 2 for $1.50

10 ounce classic are $6.00 each or 3 for $15.00.

16 ounce mason jar are $9.00 each or 3 for $24.00

Car air fresheners are $2.00 each or 2 for $3.00

This is a small show but did not do bad for one day last year.Did the most in sales of all in my building.At least only a 6 hour show so you can make it or break it.I will never do a sell out but hope by giving discounts I will sell more.So many sales have been going on in this area I think the craft show shoppers are winding down.Also the economy is hurting.

I do have a order for some clove tarts.Made those and I am so sick of that smell.I had to leave the basement and let my husband do it.I even go down there now and it is sickening.Been 2 days.I called the lady and said BEWARE.This is more than i can take and I am not sure you will like these.She is testing tarts(clove) to see if she wants to buy candles for co-workers.Oh no!!! I have over 25 scents of tarts and going to let her smell these.She is bound to change her mind.Oh no then I am stuck!!!!! I want re-orders and not people getting sick.I know it is a seller for some but not for me.

I will say I was sick every time i would smell my Fig Tree candle.I knew it would never sell so I burned it.Love it.So you never know.I now try to convince others but no such luck.

I do random promos on my site, but as for deals at shows, I do clamshells for $4.00 each or 4 for $14.00. I also always have little bitty samples of lotion, body butter and tiny tin candles that are free with purchase. The baby tins really grabbed people's eyes at the show I just did, and they would stop to check them out, them move on to the rest of the candles.