Supplier Recomendations for oils in soy wax !!

What suppliers have you found? Have such great oils, that you can get by using only 1oz. of fo in your soy wax, and give an awesome cold and hot throw. So far mine have been with The Scented Bean, Bittercreek, Scents For Soy. Curious what others have found to work for them. Looking to venture into some new suppliers. :cheesy2:

I too have been experimenting with Just Scent...and I have not smelled one single sample that wasn't WONDERFUL!!! Here's the ones that I've tried so far that have awesome cold/hot throw in soy:

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch---WOW!!!! Powerfully strong!!!

Blueberry Cheesecake

Baby Magic

Cinnamon Roll with Vanilla Frosting

Boysenberry Spiced Clove

Snuggles "Fresh Rain" Type

Pink Bombshell

Hot Cocoa

China Rain

Creme Brulee

Aphrodesia

Some lighter scents in soy (they're still nice, but are a bit fainter, and will need to cure longer in your candles before burning):

Dream Angels "Halo" Type

Girl's Night Out

I also like many oils from Peaks in my soy candles:

Key Lime Pie

Buttermint Candies

Sugar Plum Berries (this is STRONG!!!)

Amish Harvest

Creme Brulee (I prefer this one over the JS version)

Lilac (a wonderful true lilac scent!!!)

Wick Your Wax (available through BCN) has fabulous scents (pricey), that throw wonderfully in soy:

Buttercream Crunch (I actually like JS's version more)

Fresh Linen (FABULOUS!!!!!!)

Persimmons and Water Orchid

Biscotti

Perfect Pumpkin

Hinokiwood and Cypress

And from BCN:

Spiced Cranberry (this is amazingly strong...if you plan to sell, this one may be an all-year-round best seller for you...it is for a lot of people)

Mulled Cider

Pecan Pie

Hot Apple Pie

Jingleberry

Twigs and Berries (great cold and hot throw)

Hope I gave you some ideas!!! These were all winners for me as far as soy goes! :yay:

Candle Cocoon has many that will throw with about 5 or 6%. I have a couple of Taylored Concepts and Lonestar FO's that do well at about 6 or 7%, and have a couple of Peak FO's that throw well at about 7%. I still can't get water type FO's to throw in my soy. I am trying some out in a parasoy and getting great results. It's funny, I can get many to throw in my soy that I can't get to throw in anything else and many that I can get to throw in the parasoy that won't throw in my soy. So it really is hit or miss, depending on what kind of wax you use.

The few FOs I have in candles from Sweetcakes rock.

MillCreek is another I LOVE - www.mcsoywax.com - they have excellent customer service and their FOs are very affordable for the quality of throw. IMO, they lack a little in the creativity department, but I've loved every single FO I've bought from them.

BC is great, both North and South - especially the WYW oils. Can't go wrong with those.

The few Peak oils I have are awesome - great throw.

Candle Cocoon has many that will throw with about 5 or 6%. I have a couple of Taylored Concepts and Lonestar FO's that do well at about 6 or 7%, and have a couple of Peak FO's that throw well at about 7%. I still can't get water type FO's to throw in my soy. I am trying some out in a parasoy and getting great results. It's funny, I can get many to throw in my soy that I can't get to throw in anything else and many that I can get to throw in the parasoy that won't throw in my soy. So it really is hit or miss, depending on what kind of wax you use.

I don't want to highjack this thread but, Kaybee, this is exactly what I notice too -- same thing for me. Several that throw well in soy do not throw or smell as good in paraffin and some won't throw in soy but will in paraffin. This is why I have kept using my paraffin wax for some must haves that I can't get to throw in the soy -- I have to use the paraffin in my tureens (wide mouths) though -- I hate soot!

------------

I find The Scented Bean and some from Peaks and BNL so far to have a higher percentage of REALLY STRONG throwing oils. I would say that the Scented Bean has the highest percent that I can actually cut down on. I have many more companies to try out though.

I have been testing a parasoy blend that I am really liking for my FO's that don't throw in my soy, that I can get locally. I hate using a 2nd wax, but there are some FO's that I just love, that won't throw in the soy, like Juniper Breeze. It does wonderful in the parasoy. I have heard a lot about the Scented Bean, may have to order some samples to try.

Snowtop's FOs have an awesome throw in soy. She is limited but I have to say her oils really throw. I use C3 wax. I too buy most of mine local at Taylored Concepts & AAA Candle Supply.

Kerry,

Have you tried Taylor's Plumeria in C3? How is the throw. I just bought some because I was out of Snowtops......Snowtop's was a little strong for me but a couple of my testers loved it.......

Thanks,

Pam

Hey Gurl I bought my EcoSoya wax from Ebay & I bought my scents from this this woman Ruth from CandleSupplyCentral is their Ebay Id and she has just about every scent that Bitter Creek has I have also poured a few candles that I had some problems with but I found out what the problem is so thats fixed and the scent throw is good hot or cold but then again like someone else mentioned to me last nite you are ALWAYS lookin for the PERFECT combination and as she said there is no such thing so I hope this helps.

Blessed Be

Sincerely

Michelle Smith

What suppliers have you found? Have such great oils, that you can get by using only 1oz. of fo in your soy wax, and give an awesome cold and hot throw. So far mine have been with The Scented Bean, Bittercreek, Scents For Soy. Curious what others have found to work for them. Looking to venture into some new suppliers. :cheesy2:

maryann- Actually, I mean that most of their scents are run-of-the-mill, that although their quality is superior than other suppliers, they don't carry many unique and exclusive scents. I'm drawn to places like The Scent Works and Sweetcakes, who have a number of unique and singular fragrances that you can't find anywhere else. I do like to blend my own, but it's nice to have a couple that you don't have to blend, but that you also don't see on everyone else's website, KWIM? They do have a handful of unique ones, but the majority are common to other suppliers. I hope that made sense.

Bluegrass Candle is awesome. I can pour most of these FO's at 6% and get a very strong hot/cold throw. Also Candle Cocoon has some very strong and unique scents.

When you say you can pour most of these at 6%. How do you measure that?

Thanks! (I'm new to all this in case it's a stupid question)