Clear label question

Lorrie

I also use clear labels and never really had a problem with bubbles. My labels are not that big so occasionally when I do get one I am able to smooth it out to the edge of the label with my fingers and it is gone. Have you given that a try?

Are you putting the label on all at once? If so start at one end & smooth it out as you go. If you still get bubbles try to push it out to the end of the label. I stopped using these labels just for that problem, couldn't stand even one freakin little bubble:laugh2:

I am starting at the middle and working my way out. Hmmm Hubby thinks I should use white labels.

• 1 month later...

:( Uh-oh, I just ordered two boxes of clear gloss labels from Online Labels....after deciding the matte finish wasn't the way to go on my jars. I'm also hoping that the bubbles won't show as much on the clear labels, but after reading this, hmmmm..... I have an inkjet printer, so I can't really rub the labels without smudging unless I put some kind of paper over them, and even then it can make a little mess. (I bought some clear acrylic sealant to spray on them before applying--haven't used it yet.)

No one has a magic solution for bubble-free labels? :confused:

I don't seem to have any issues with bubbles. I gently place it center first then rub out to each end. If you have an ink jet let them dry first or they will be a big mess. Also just a heads up be sure to spray them first then dry and apply. If not any moisture will make them smudge especially with a glossy surface. HTH :smiley2:

• 3 weeks later...
I don't seem to have any issues with bubbles. I gently place it center first then rub out to each end. If you have an ink jet let them dry first or they will be a big mess. Also just a heads up be sure to spray them first then dry and apply. If not any moisture will make them smudge especially with a glossy surface. HTH :smiley2:

May I ask what are you spraying your inkjet labels with?

I had poblems with the clear labels. First had matt and then swtched to gloss. Still a problem. If the bubbles weren't there right a way, they would be there in a week. I was using larger size label on tins. Finally gave up and switched from the clear.

I know exactly what you mean lorrie. I'm having the same problem with the matte clear. I think it is the label. I don't like it...and heat gunning it doesn't help. I even cleaned with alcohol first before applying. Still looks like shit. I don't want white either.

May I ask what are you spraying your inkjet labels with?

I was using Krylon Preserve It Spray...Im sure there are other brands as well. I would make up sheets of labels then take outside and spray them with a healthy coating of this stuff...but to me it was a real PITA to do and it stunk so I had to make sure it dissapated before I would apply to the jars.

I know exactly what you mean lorrie. I'm having the same problem with the matte clear. I think it is the label. I don't like it...and heat gunning it doesn't help. I even cleaned with alcohol first before applying. Still looks like shit. I don't want white either.

I have had some good luck with applying labels while candles are still warm. Try that. I am currently looking for a different label that will work better.

I don't know if this will work - I don't use clear labels. But try spraying the surface with a soap and water mixture like you would use to place decals. It allows you to slide the label in place and work out the bubbles. Just a thought.

I tried that also and it didn't work for me:(

:( Uh-oh, I just ordered two boxes of clear gloss labels from Online Labels....after deciding the matte finish wasn't the way to go on my jars. I'm also hoping that the bubbles won't show as much on the clear labels, but after reading this, hmmmm..... I have an inkjet printer, so I can't really rub the labels without smudging unless I put some kind of paper over them, and even then it can make a little mess. (I bought some clear acrylic sealant to spray on them before applying--haven't used it yet.)

No one has a magic solution for bubble-free labels? :confused:

I use the crystal clear labels from onlinelabels and use a laser printer. I've never had a bubble problem. I just go from the middle on out.

• 1 month later...

These are working pretty well for me now also. I spray them with the hellish-smelling acrylic sealer, but those suckers don't smudge at all after that. I've found what works, as noted above, is to start with the middle and just let them gently stick themselves onto the jar, not trying to rub them with my fingers....then (sounds strange) I just press the jar with the label onto my leg all at once. This works so much better than trying to rub out bubbles with my fingers; I have very few bubbles now. :smiley2:

Edited by Catlover