Best FO's for Reed Diffusers

candlelady

I am doing a small line of reed diffusers for an antique shop and am wondering what FO's throw reall well in diffusers. I'm guessing they would have to be really STRONG ones.

I am testing NG Clean Cotton and it's great!

Any others that you all may know of?

ETS: I am testing with WSP's diffuser base and using BCN's aroma wands. I am also testing ICS diffuser base.

TIA

Carrie

Edited by candlelady
more info

I've found anything that is strong OOB is good for diffusers. BertsHeavenScent has a great Cool Water & Black Cherry. The Candlemakers Store and Candle Science have strong Baby Powders. I'm also making Candle Science Mistletoe diffusers this fall but will also be testing Bert's Aspen Forest, too.

That's a few off the top of my head. HTH

I've found anything that is strong OOB is good for diffusers. BertsHeavenScent has a great Cool Water & Black Cherry. The Candlemakers Store and Candle Science have strong Baby Powders. I'm also making Candle Science Mistletoe diffusers this fall but will also be testing Bert's Aspen Forest, too.

That's a few off the top of my head. HTH

Thanks so much! I was hoping someone would chime in with a holiday scent.

:)

Any thoughts on why the reed diffuser sticks would get a type of crystalization on them? I'm not sure if that is a correct way to describe the way the reeds look. I made it so long ago that I don't even remember the % of fragrance to base I used. Perhaps, I put in too much fragrance oil.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Maybe it's the fragrance oil. I do know that some fragrance oils can get that way and need to be warmed up. I only made one for my personal use and didn't plan on ever selling them.

edited.....I used Just Scent base. I am considering WSP next time I place an order.

Sorry...........for asking this question on your post candlelady. As soon a I typed and posted I realized I should of not.

Thanks

Edited by SherryL

Hello!

I just started using the reed diffusers and so far I used Lavender Martini (NG) in my powder room which is perfect there and Iced Cinnamon Buns (NG) in my foyer-Mmmmmm! love them both.

I used 1 part diffuser base(NG) and 1 part fragrance oil .

I have never had a problem with crystals.

I think the diffuser reeds are a great idea.

I won't buy "glade pulg ins" anymore!!

:yay:

I've found anything that is strong OOB is good for diffusers.
I totally agree. I use the base from JBN with mine. The FO ratio ranges from 15%-25%, so if I know a scent is a strong one, I use less. If it is a more subtle, lighter scent, I use up to the max recommended amount. When the scent fades, I turn the reeds upside down which refreshes the throw. :)

I dunno about the crystals, but JBN mentions that not all FOs are compatible with their diffuser base... Perhaps that's what's causing your crystal issues.

Edited by Stella1952