what size are your soap bars?

dogmom1

My bars are appox 6oz after cure and I use an Anhoki mold. She's on the Dish. The old holds 7.5 lbs of wet soap and maks 25 bars. Their much much better than a MistyCreek mold because there's no play in the knife slots. They are wood and you have to line them with freezer paper but the bars are the size I want and my customers love them! It's a good idea to order the knife a s well as it's custom made for the molds. My Misty Creek knife was too thick for the slots.

Here's a link to her site:

http://www.bunniesworkshop.com/soap_molds.html

Edited by Fire and Ice

Lorrie, I found that the slots on the misty creek were about 4 times wider than the cutter and therre was enough play in the blade that the cuts were not always vertical. I took my misty creek knife and mold to a neighbor that does woodworking and he made me new molds with narrower knife guides and I love them.

I am editing to add that my favorite log molds are from Ric at the Dish. It's a double log mold with some kind of clear liner and they are wonderful.

Edited by Carrie

I alternate the size of my bars and go between:

3.5 x 2.25 x .75 (or 1) (this is the size my sister loves)

3.18 x 2.25 x 1 (I love this size)

For molds I have a small 2 lb wood log, a plastic 2.5 lb log size and then a custom Soaphutch mold that does so many configurations (slab, Bella which is slab with inserted dividers, and log, also I can make any size bar I want).

Does this size fit in a standard soap box? I currently use a slab mold but my bars are too thick for the boxes so I've been kicking around getting an Upland. Just want to make sure they'll fit in the boxes when I do.

April, sorry but I can't find my soap boxes to check for you. I had bought the boxes and decided to use the sleeves so the ends are open for customers to smell them and they can see the whole bar. If I can find my boxes I will make sure they fit.

My soaps are way too big to fit in a soap box so I use a muslin bag. I leave a display bar out for the customers to smell and look at.

Yes, so are mine. I use a slab mold very similar to the one Anhoki's DH makes, my DH made some for me several years ago. I'd been kicking around getting an Upland to make a few specialty soaps and just hoped I could package them (ones made from loaf mold) differently than my normal soap and use the boxes.

Does this size fit in a standard soap box? I currently use a slab mold but my bars are too thick for the boxes so I've been kicking around getting an Upland. Just want to make sure they'll fit in the boxes when I do.

April, if you are using a slab and the bars are too thick for the boxes, you need to reduce your recipe a bit to make them thinner. The slab will control

the length and width and the recipe controls the depth.

e