Dead Sea Mud Mask

ladysj

I'm trying to make this up to where I can sell it. I tried adding a little bit of water to a small amount of the mud it took forever to get it a thinner consistency. It's been in this jar for several weeks & is still thin enough to spread smoothly on my skin.

I was wondering if anyone would like to share how they make their's. Just the mud alone seems too thick.

TIA for any ideas.

I wouldn't add water with out adding a preservative to it, it will grow mold and "Yuckie" stuff in it. I add little castor oil and rosehip oil and eo's to mine. I do not have the percentages here, they are at my store. But they are very small amounts. I also sell it as is and it does not seem to be too thick when it is put on.

I just use mine as is. It reminds me of....freeman's? I think thats the name of a clay mask I used to use. The DSM is thick but spreads well on the face IMO. I also add some tea tree and seaweed powder when my skin is acting up BAD. Most that I've talked to and had test like it better "as is" though.

Well I just tried using it as it is and it will not spread on my face. I guess I'm going to have to try searching on what type of eo's %'s & oils to add to it.

I have avocado oil, castor & olive oil infused with rosehips. I have lavender and rose geranium essential oils. Would any of these work?

Edited by ladysj

Another thought is to sell it as a kit where the customer would mix the mud with say EO's that are good for your face or water that way the preservative issue wouldn't be as a big of a deal as it would be if you sold it with water in it.

HTH,

Chauna